+ Reply to Thread

Brightness keeps going to 100%

Does anyone know why the On Battery Brightness keeps going to 100% all the time. It may have to do with the camera (screen seems instantly brighter when you start the camera app), but it's awfully annoying to have to try to remember to turn it back down every time you use the camera.

Also, I am not sure the camera is totally it. There may be something else.

Anyone have any insight?

I can only concur. I thought it was the camera, but it indeed decides for no apparent reason to reset the battery brightness to maximum.

This is quite annoying when you're walking around in the dark. 100% brightness is absolutely blinding.

Well the camera seems to be the culprit in my PPC6600. I keep brightness at the minimum level. When I go into the camera mode, brightness is set to maximum. When I exit camera (I'm using Pocket+) brightness stays at maximum until I manually set it to minimum.

Then it seems to stick at minimum until the next time I launch the camera.

I have to say that camera app is really cool in the things it can do but it's buggy as hell.

Dan

My Sprint 6600 does the opposite. Sometimes when I turn it on the brightness is off. At first I thought I had a dead battery but when I looked closer I could barely see the screen there. It has happened 5 times in the last week now. Still like this much better than the G-1000 though. Just have to get email straightened out.

I Just tried it and it does make the brightness go to 100% another buy for camera app.

Well, I have solved the problem by writing an app that resets the brightness all the time.

Me too!

Wow, is it the camera doing it? I thought it was just happening randomly, but I am glad there is an explanation.

I guess that this is sensible, and I will test it and report back.

-BD

How do you get this app?

It's in the Snoozer post.

BrunDog. It seems to me to be more than the phone. I don't use that very much but it still happens frequently.

There is a setting under Tools> Options> General to keep the backlight on while in viewfinder.

If you uncheck this box, the backlight will be reset every time you exit the camera app.

-n