+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Multiple Email accts on board the 6600

Okay... now that I have the handset that I plan on sticking with for the (long) haul. I would like to consolidate my numerous email accounts and get them all on the handset.

I dont want ALL the mail delivered to the handset though. What I want to know is, how could I sort through all the mail from various accounts/etc and 'consolidate' them so that only the things I want delivered to the handset come there?

I know I am not being clear about what it is I want to do... but I am sure some of you will understand what I am trying to say. Lets see if this thread gets any replies, unlike my last one
    Sprint PPC-6600.

Re: Multiple Email accts on board the 6600

Originally posted by AimanA
    Okay... now that I have the handset that I plan on sticking with for the (long) haul. I would like to consolidate my numerous email accounts and get them all on the handset.

I dont want ALL the mail delivered to the handset though. What I want to know is, how could I sort through all the mail from various accounts/etc and 'consolidate' them so that only the things I want delivered to the handset come there?

I know I am not being clear about what it is I want to do... but I am sure some of you will understand what I am trying to say. Lets see if this thread gets any replies, unlike my last one
    I'd like cherry ice cream.. with fudge on top.

(Whats this have to do with this thread? I don't know, because I have no idea what you're asking).

The real answer is unfortunately, you need to simply add multiple accounts, pop/imap, and check all accordingly. It'll show up, after clicking on mail, as various email accounts.

btf

AimanA, are you asking whether your PPC phone can filter your incoming email? That is a service from your ISP, not a function of the PPC phone, or any computer.

As for consolidating your email accounts and checking only one email service, I do that with "Yahoo! Plus" service. All my email accounts forward to Yahoo! and I only check Yahoo for email.

My spam filter is turned on, and I ask IE not to show me the bulk mail file; only the inbox. When an unwanted message escapes the spam filter somehow, I simply mark it as spam, and it never shows up in my inbox.

What you want isn't possible with P-Outlook. I don't even think that advanced rules processing is available in any email app for the PPC, but I could be wrong.

However, you could set up all your email accounts in Outlook on your desktop. Use Rules in Outlook to sort out the emails you don't want delivered to the PPC into seperate Folder(s), leaving stuff you want to go to the PPC in the Inbox. Then, just sync the PPC to whatever is left in Outlook's Inbox.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

btf, you seem to be losing your patience with new users. Easy on that fudge

Originally posted by TonyH
    btf, you seem to be losing your patience with new users. Easy on that fudge
    You noticed that too?

I'm having a bad day I guess.

btf

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I lost my patience 4 days ago with people who won't read the FAQ or use "Search." They appear to think this is some sort of super-tech-support that owes them something.

E

Originally posted by Ehud
    I lost my patience 4 days ago with people who won't read the FAQ or use "Search." They appear to think this is some sort of super-tech-support that owes them something.

E
    Ya.. there have been a rash of them lately.

Wonder if Verizon or sprint support are sending them our way now.

btf

Well it's not like they have any answers other than:

1. our engineers have to test new phones to make sure they work with our network. Even though you can buy it on Ebay with our packaging, we know nothing about an XV6600 with camera.
    or
    2. the problem you're experiencing is unique to you. Everyone else can pair every bluetooth car and Jabra headset just fine. Have you tried holding down the power button and sticking the stylus....
    or
    3. Thank you for your call. We will resolve your problem in this call. Oh. It's a Pocket PC Phone. You'll need to hold for the data group. [transfer to India]. Oh hello, we are to be speaking to be English today?

E

Wow, and I thought people on my exotic car owners forum were stuck up snobs.

Thanks for the help anyways!

PS: I am in a market where the Sprint EV-DO system is being tested and benchmarked, and I have the EV-DO 'patch' enabled on my phone by SPCS. I was going to offer my thoughts, experiences, trials and tribulations with using this handset in an EV-DO enabled market.

Guess that wouldnt be worth my time now, would it?
    Last edited by AimanA; 03-02-2005 at 08:07 PM.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

I used to drive a Zanardi NSX... and now a BMW 8-series... do I qualify as a stuck-up snob?

Seriously, I spend about 2-3 hrs a day here answering people's questions. Some take research. Some take doing a backup, experimenting on my (only) phone, and restoring. I do this to help others... but seriously, if a "search" can answer the question... why not do it.

E

I used to drive a Zanardi NSX... and now a BMW 8-series... do I qualify as a stuck-up snob?

Seriously, I spend about 2-3 hrs a day here answering people's questions. Some take research. Some take doing a backup, experimenting on my (only) phone, and restoring. I do this to help others... but seriously, if a "search" can answer the question... why not do it.

E
    Don't you think that I have researched this before I brought it to the group?

I was thinking of setting up all my accounts to forward through the full version of outlook or something, apply rules, or even setting up a completely seperate gmail account that I can POP to from the phone. I just was wondering if anyone had experience "converging multiple email accounts" to streamline mail delivery to a portable device......

Also, you might want to read my edit above... (i'm not trying to start a pissing match here with my above post, just merely trying to point out that i'm perfectly willing to contribute to this group too.)
    Last edited by AimanA; 03-02-2005 at 08:15 PM.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

I read your edit. It wasn't about you before, and it isn't about you now.....

... but if you'd bothered to use "search" you'd find out that many people have already reported on the EVDO use of this phone in its various flavors.

E

AimanA - I can't tell you for sure...but I think BC will do this, let your home or work puter download the email (filter spam, etc...) then have BC sync with the phone. I am like you, I am trying out different versions of set ups to see which works the best for me. It hadn't occured to me that some current Sprint users are alreayd testing EVDO...I knew the company was testing...never occured that someone actually had to use it to test. I would be interested if you could get the PPC6000 with EVDO capabilities and test it out.....

E - I understand your frustration, I too have gotten frustrated and said...do a search...but we have all been here awhile..."Seriously, I spend about 2-3 hrs a day here answering people's questions" - maybe that's our problem, we have read every thread and see the repitition...

When it comes to PPC's and XXV's, we're not snobs, we just know more than everyone else.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Originally posted by Staceman When it comes to PPC's and XXV's, we're not snobs, we just know more than everyone else. [/B]
    I REALLY would like to be able to get to that level of knowledge, and contribute what I know. People have to start somewhere. I'm willing to pitch in and help when I can.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

Must be that time of the month....

(Of course, this is coming from a Gyn! )

But seriously, though, we welcome any and all people to our lovely forum. Just clean up after yourself and we will all get along. I agree with E, many answers are there if you search for them, but we will help out as much as we have time for. We've all been the "newbies" before and I'm sure we all remember how much we appreciated the help before we truly understood the forum.

Now, AimanA, what was your original question? What exactly are you trying to do?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Originally posted by mwfielder Now, AimanA, what was your original question? What exactly are you trying to do? [/B]
    Basically, I have 3 email accounts that I wish to continue using, but I want to be able to check them from the handset. However, each account (except gmail) gets a lot of 'unwanted' and 'unnecessary' email.

I define unwanted email as solicitations or SPAM.
    I define unneded email as "forum topic reply notifications" and other automatically or system/forum generated emails.

I wish the remainder of the email to be somehow processed and delivered to the handset. I was thinking this could be accomplished in various ways:

The first idea was to set up a completely seperate gmail account, and have all my other accounts just forward to that address, and apply a boatload of rules to the incoming, forwarded email, and then check it using a single POP account on the handset. However, any spam that comes in might not be handled by gmails spam filters, or would it?

The other would be to have a PC which has OutlookXP running on it constantly, and have that check my email accounts for me, and apply a bunch of rules to that email, perhaps then forwarding important messages on to the handset. This would preserve the accounts, and would make syncing a LOT easier.

Each method has its own drawbacks and benefits. And I am torn between doing either. I could also create a 'phone only' email address and give that to my most trusted contacts, but for some fu*king reason or another, email addresses ALWAYS manage to get into the hands of those bastard spammers.

I know I am not being super clear, but I think you can get the gist of what I am trying to convey here.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

E
    Ehud, you lose your patience everyday. Have some fudge

Originally posted by TonyH
    Ehud, you lose your patience everyday. Have some fudge
    Shouldn't you be in the 'I suck cause I have a GSM phone' forum?

Go get knowledge from your own group!

btf

I think I am going to scrap the whole idea and create a single, seperate gmail account to use for my phone.

But then there is that pesky f**king "Site Certificate Not Valid" issue when connecting to GMails spop server. . . .
    So much for auto updating on the hour.
    Sprint PPC-6600.