+ Reply to Thread

Possible to have multiple Exchange ActiveSync profiles on one device?

I only see a way to configure 1 exchange active sync server. Is there a way to configure a second server and have them both at the same time?

I connect to 2 different networks, and they are unrelated but both are running exchange 2003 and allow mobile devices to connect...

thanks for any info or guidance

Pete

As far as I've found, you have to pick one or the other for the exchange active sync connection. You can then check your mail on the other account via IMAP if you want your exchange folders, but obviously up-to-date notifications and sync won't work with the second account.

I understand the wish for this as well, as I have an exchange server at work and my own personal exchange server for some other ventures and it'd be nice to have the up-to-date options for e-mail on both (contacts and calendar would be nice too, but then there's the issue of seperating each between Work and Personal in those apps).

I haven't used the verizon wireless sync myself.. can it do just mail? I'd suppose you could sync your main network account for mail/calendar/contacts and then use VZW sync for mail push, but I can't speak on the reality there since I haven't used it. For those that use it, where does it deliver mail on the device? The Outlook account or a seperate account?

Can do this with the Verizon ActiveSync "workgroup monitor." Up to ? 16 people on one machine. Has worked great for our office.

Will the VZ ActiveSync work on a Sprint PCS phone/service?

Thanks

Oh.. good point. I seriously doubt that Sprint customers would have access to that service. You may have to look at the Sprint PCS Business Connection.

It's showing the service can deliver push notifications of email and supports Exchange. If you need a larger solution (more people supported), then you can look at the Enterprise instead of the Personal package from Sprint.

The only issue with BC is that you have to leave your computer on, connected, and on your desk while you are out and using the connection.

or am I reading that site wrong???

That is the feeling I got from the Personal option.. what's the price difference on the Enterprise? You may be able to get the features like you want with the Enterprise, but not sure if it's cost effective for one person.

The other question still remains: does this sync use the same accounts in Pocket Outlook as Exchange active sync, or can you set the sprint sync to use a new account...

The problem with Enterprise is that you have to be able to get it installed on the server don't you? I don't have server access...

what oh what shall I do???