+ Reply to Thread

Anyone have the Covertec case?

I like the looks of this case and want to buy one, but it seems they are not available (in black anyway) from anyone.

Were they ever available in the US or are we waiting for their arrival? Does anyone have one that can provide a few thoughts? Any hands on comparisons to the others (proporta and piel frama)??

-BD

I just got 1 from ebay. I love it. High quality. Only thing is you have to take it out of the case when you want to put it in the cradle. So I stopped using cradle altogether and bought a usb cable instead. Because the case holds the phone with a plastic over the keyboard. Taking it in and out will loosen its grip and might cause it to slip out! it has all the buttons incuding reset button curved out. If you like I can post a picture later.

Full-on Converged
    This case looks to fit my needs/desires and may appear to be the best I have seen yet. BUT WAIT! There is a plastic sheet over the keyboard?!?

This raises two concerns: 1) You are forced to wedge a sheet of plastic between the keyboard and the screen.
    AND, more importantly, 2) You now have a chunk of plastic inhibiting your use of the keyboard.

How is the typing with the ppc in the case?

Apparently they all work that way.

-BD

Actually I think the plastic cover makes it better to type on it. And it will help the keyboard to last longer and look newer when it is time to sell .

Does the plastic cover protect the side corner keyboard areas that seems to normally get scratched from sliding the keyboard over time? On my unit, that area is white from the silver scraping off.
    E46fanatic

Bottom half of the phone, keyboard side is covered.

Full-on Converged
    It seems like Covertec, Piel Frama or Proporta is the way to go.
    However, do any of the latter two have the rear holes carved out correctly for the 6600s camera design?

I know that the Covertec bends back to reveal the camera...added bonus over the others if their camera holes are designed for the horizontally laid-out camera amenities.

Review of the Covertec case

I did a pretty thorough review of the Covertec case, for those of you who are interested in reading/seeing more about it.

Check out my review here.

I love the case.

Matt