+ Reply to Thread

Stereo Mic Headset

Can anyone recomend a good pair of Stereo Mic'd headphones? The pair that comes with the 6600 is nice, it's just way to gangly and i end up spending more time un-knotting them then i do talking on the phone. I would love a retractable set.

Thanks

Boxwave has a bunch of retractable cables for this phone.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...xv6600_469.htm
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

The Boxwave models, as best I can tell, are not mic'd.

You can try the following to see if they scratch your itch:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVP6601%2DSL

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail...._ID=PPCPADPT16
    Last edited by Kupe; 03-03-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Has anyone tried their CoolCat adapter for the 7135 on their new 660x? Mine's a little out of commission right now, so I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth getting repaired, since I dont know if it works. I vaguely remember that the pinouts weren't standard on the 7135, so I doubt that it woud be compatible, but I figured I'd ask before I bought a replacement. Plus, the adapter that PocketPCTechs offers looks cumbersome...not to mention ugly.
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Oops...apparently Seidio has what I'm looking looking for. Still wonder if the CoolCat adapter works...
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Stereo headset

is there a stereo headset with mic like the one that comes with the 6600 but with plugs that fit or can be inserted into the ear(like earplugs). this headset that comes with the 6600 just doesn't work for me. the headset seems loose and it just doesn't seem satisfactory to me. or is there a better solution sold somewhere? do others have the same problem with this headset as i do? what do others use? thanks for any input on this.

I hate the 6600's included headphones. they just don't stay in my ears at all. what I am doing now is using the ppctech adapter and a pair of regular headphones. there is no mic this way but people can still hear me because the mic on the phone is active in calls
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

If the 6600 has stereo sound for the headset, why can't I get it to work with my Shure headphones? I had to buy the plug adapter from Radioshack to get it to fit, but the sound just isn't that good. Am I missing something?

I recently puchased one of these at the sprint store and its working out nicely. It comes with a 2.5 male connection at one end which hooks to the phone and on the other end is a dongle which contains a mic with a volume controller, mute butotn and an answer button along with a 3.xmm (standard stereo) female connection. The packaging include a pair of ear bud with a 3.x male connection and a pair of over the ear headphone with 3.x male connection to hook to the mic component.

The thing I really like is that because the dongle has a 3.x standard stereo connection, I can plug my car adapter in it. I have to be on a lot of conference calls where I have no real input, so I just plug it into the car adapter and listen to the conference call on my car stereo. I also download GSPlayer and have played it throug my car stereo in the same way.

The only thing that its missing in my opinion is the retractable thingy. The price was $40 and the store was running a $5.00 off sale.

Originally posted by javafixed
    If the 6600 has stereo sound for the headset, why can't I get it to work with my Shure headphones? I had to buy the plug adapter from Radioshack to get it to fit, but the sound just isn't that good. Am I missing something?
    well, the radioshack adapter is a 2 port connector instead of a 3 port. It didn't work for me either, but the $13 ppctech adapter worked fine.
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

Verged on converged
    The 7135 CoolKat adapter works on the xv6600 - I'm using one.
    Kyo6035 => Kyo7135 => XV6000 => Mogul

Some one needs to create a headset that has a bundled FM receiver in it. The one thing I miss most from my Motorola T720 is the FM receiver!

I know I could go stream music from the internet, but the sound quality has never been the same in my estimation.

Forever Confused
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=117123
    i-Tech PowBOX Bluetooth Portable Entertainment Device - eXpansys USA

Something like this???

Originally posted by sputnik
    Has anyone tried their CoolCat adapter for the 7135 on their new 660x? Mine's a little out of commission right now, so I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth getting repaired, since I dont know if it works. I vaguely remember that the pinouts weren't standard on the 7135, so I doubt that it woud be compatible, but I figured I'd ask before I bought a replacement. Plus, the adapter that PocketPCTechs offers looks cumbersome...not to mention ugly.
    Haven't tried it because I've misplaced it. I have tried the 7135 stereo headset and it works.

The mic and the answer button works fine. The only downside is that the right earplug is louder than the left. It works well enough for a backup.

Dan's Cellular used to sell them for little or nothing -- like $9 each
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by cougargt
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=117123
    i-Tech PowBOX Bluetooth Portable Entertainment Device - eXpansys USA

Something like this???
    Or maybe these?
    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=598
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Thumbs down Izon bluetooth headset

I would not recommend the Izon headphones. Very cool design but the bluetooth functionality failed with 2 new headphones.

After updating my ppc 6600 broadcom bluetooth drivers with the 3900 stack, audio would play fine from the PPC using the WMP for about :30 seconds or so and then the audio would turn into digital garbage.

I checked the bluetooth link on the 6600 and my status said I had an adequate bluetooth signal.

I spoke with Computer Geeks who sent me a prompt replacement unit (new). The second unit did exactly the same thing.

I liked the feel of the headset and the SD card, FM radio and bluetooth headset portion of the unit worked well.

Because I use these headphones for running and working out, I needed to use the high quality bluetooth portion which constantly failed.

If anyone has had luck with these headphones, please let me know to discuss possible fixes..