+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Dongle (Win XP) Suggestions?

Maybe I missed them in the bluetooth sticky, but does anyone have any recommendations for USB bluetooth dongles? I'll be travelling and want to use my 6600 as a modem, but my bluetooth dongle is quite outdated and it's time I pick up a new one.

Any seem to work better than others with this pdaPhone?
    Last edited by muzikluvir; 03-02-2005 at 10:34 PM.

I have been using the Kensington USB ($41) dongle with good success. I have also used the Targus bluetooth mouse/dongle ($80)to connect and that seems to work with the phone as well. The Targus mouse sucks though so I wouldn't recommend going that way. It was the only dongle that fit in my computer bay so I kept it but the mouse I don't use.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Don't know about better or worse but I bought a IOGEAR Bluetooth to usb adapter,(class2) model GBU211 at Fry's for $29.95. I used it on my pc and my laptop. Only thing is the cd that came with it seemed to srewup connections, so dont install it! I'm running xp, sp2 and it fully autodetected it.

The thing I like is it has a 30ft range and it comes pretty close to actual 30ft range.

I bought a TrendNet USB key and it seems to work very well. Kind of an odd application set to get used to but not bad for $18.

Look in my signature. I got this at mobile planet and have been very happy with it.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar

AmbiCom BT2000C

I was an early adapter with the AmbiCom BT2000C-USB dongle and my old iPAQ. The original drivers/software were pretty bad but my current build (1.3.2.7) seems to be extremely stable after the Audiovox upgrade. Local services:

Audio Gateway
    Headset
    PIM Synchronization
    Fax
    File Transfer
    PIM Item Transfer
    Dial-up Networking
    Network Access
    Bluetooth Serial Port

I also own a Microsoft dongle that came with a Bluetooth keyboard I use for my PC at home. That dongle's been sitting in a drawer for over a year because the only service it offers is for the keyboard (or at least was a year ago - Like I said, it's sitting in a drawer). I only mention it to remind you to check the fine print and see which services are available before you buy anything.