+ Reply to Thread

please tell my why you need a button to turn off vision, beside saving power...

is it to use a wifi card?
    i notice when vision is in use or was just in use, my wifi card sandisk doesnt work until soft reset

My personal guess absed on my experience with Windows Mobile is that when you have multiple routes... the damned OS gets confused. So.. lets say...

I have route X via 3G and
    I have route Y via 802.11b

For some reason.. the phone can't switch easily back and forth between them, Maybe someone with more experience can shed some light on this.. but I am going to be buying that same SanDisk card that you have and I will check it out for myself

Incedentally, my handset appears to have no trouble when switching from the 3G route to internet thru activesync, and back. So who knows. I'll let you know what I find when I get that card tomorrow.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

please do, it works fine until vision connects, than it wont recognize the card, i need to do the airplane mode on off thingy and then reset the phone usually. real annoying.
    i wonder if the socket wifi card does the same. if not, i will get it.
    and why do i need to be so unlucky that the wifi card has to be backwards on this phone, so annoying to not be able to see front of wifi card when in use

Originally posted by MR29ROSE
    please do, it works fine until vision connects, than it wont recognize the card, i need to do the airplane mode on off thingy and then reset the phone usually. real annoying.
    i wonder if the socket wifi card does the same. if not, i will get it.
    and why do i need to be so unlucky that the wifi card has to be backwards on this phone, so annoying to not be able to see front of wifi card when in use
    Well, as soon as Sprint rolls out nationwide EVDO, you wont need that pesky WiFI card. You can just throw a monster 2GB SD card in there and forget about it.
    Sprint PPC-6600.

yep, but i weant wifi g asap

AimanaA, not true there are other cases Wifi is useful.

1) Wifi is still faster way faster. Latency is a big issue with any cellular solution too.
    2) There are places Wifi is available and EVDO is not (or any cellular solution).
    3) There are places, like my work I could access with Wifi but cannot with EVDO. Intranet vs Internet.