+ Reply to Thread
    S and K

Anyone had any luck with Web mail I notes

Guys,

Im trying to access my corporate email via a website. And of course its not working. I can get into the front page, enter my user id and PW, but then it redirects and just hangs.

Heres a note from IS. Can anyone tell me if this is going to work?

Staci

Domino Web Access (previously called iNotes Web Access) is a Web client for access to Domino-based mail, contacts, calendar, scheduling, and collaboration services. It's based on the latest browser technologies to ensure a highly functional and robust product. It combines nearly the same functionality of Lotus Notes with the convenience of the Web.

With Domino Web Access, you can walk up to a Web browser anywhere and perform many tasks. You can send and receive mail, view your calendar, invite people to a meeting, create an item for your to do list, access your contact list, or work offline.

Requirements and Recommendations
    Domino Web Access works with Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, and the Mozilla 1.3.1 browser for Linux clients.

Domino Web Access works best in a screen resolution of 1024X768 pixels. However, 800X600 pixels is adequate. To make the text larger or smaller, adjust your browser. To print Calendar entries, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader, Version 4.0 or later.

The first time you use Domino Web Access, you are asked to download the Domino Web Access Control from IBM Corporation. This control is necessary for Domino Web Access to function properly. Click yes.

Hmmm... sounds like that control you need to download (some type of ActiveX or Java thing) won't run on the P-IE browser. I don't know if there's any way around this.

I would talk to your IS guys and ask them if there's a way to get at Lotus Notes via a WAP gateway. I found this on the Notes site, but it sounds like it's an add-on, not a part of the base product - http://www.lotus.com/products/produc...everyplacehome
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

I have used iNotes.

It is very specific for desktop use and it really does need at least 800x600 to work. Although I laugh at the Mozilla compatibility claim. That just doesn't realistically work. If it does, it looks REALLY different (and REALLY crippled) from the Internet Explorer version. Just like the Notes client, the interface is problematic. The control it wants to install is either the Java client or an activex control.

PIE would explode if it had to do all that.

If you're on Sprint, use the Sprint Business Connection. It works fairly well especially with push enabled. The phone gets notified of updates and starts a sync by itself.

I'm quite happy with the Sprint BC. The only thing I don't like is the fact that email lookups try to use an LDAP server instead of the Biz Connect lookup.
    Last edited by burble; 03-03-2005 at 09:26 AM.