+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down E-Mail using Vision Sloooow!

Is it me or is E-Mail really slow when using a vision connection.

I have a few POP accounts...both take a long time or time-out. I tried the WebIS mail to see if it was faster than P Outlook No Dice.

It takes forever to connect to server. Then another eternity to log on. And Finally the send receive takes so long to start that many times it will time-out.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks...Brad
    Sprint PPC-6700

Re: E-Mail using Vision Sloooow!

Originally posted by BP-isMe
    Is it me or is E-Mail really slow when using a vision connection.

I have a few POP accounts...both take a long time or time-out. I tried the WebIS mail to see if it was faster than P Outlook No Dice.

It takes forever to connect to server. Then another eternity to log on. And Finally the send receive takes so long to start that many times it will time-out.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks...Brad
    Hmmm. Not immediately. I can see imap mail pretty quick.

My questions would be:
    1.) how big is the email? (like.. 10's of k? megabytes? You're not trying to read some smartass marketing document somebody mailed you thats 20meg are you?

kidding..
    2.) Umm.. configured wrong? Mine doesn't time out?

Hmmm
    btf

Post Not Big E-Mails

I have the client set to just get headers and 2k of the message.

Even before getting the messages it takes forever to get to the send/receive stage. I think this is why it times out.

When connected thru Activesync it is much faster. I would expect this but it should not be so slow over a vision connection with good signal.

If I use the phone as a modem, the laptop will retrive e-mail much faster than the client on the phone.

...Brad
    Sprint PPC-6700

Re: Not Big E-Mails

Originally posted by BP-isMe
    I have the client set to just get headers and 2k of the message.

Even before getting the messages it takes forever to get to the send/receive stage. I think this is why it times out.

When connected thru Activesync it is much faster. I would expect this but it should not be so slow over a vision connection with good signal.

If I use the phone as a modem, the laptop will retrive e-mail much faster than the client on the phone.

...Brad
    You're beyond me at this point. Works fine for me. Could be any number of things. I'd probably start by investigating the email server.. and go from there.

Good luck,
    Byron