+ Reply to Thread

Media Player 10 .cab file???

I've seen how you can place .cab files into the ROM so that when you hard reset they are installed. Now is it possible to extract the .cab for Media Player 10 from a PPC 2003 SE device that has it and place it into the ROM on the PPC-6600?

Thanks!
    http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
    AT&T HTC-PI86100 (HTC Titan II):
    OS: Windows Phone 7.5 Build: (Mango RTM 7.10.8112.7) - Radio: 1.02.80.13_21.37.80.03 - Bootloader: 1.18.2180.0 (139346)
    Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Re: Media Player 10 .cab file???

Originally posted by 92GTA
    I've seen how you can place .cab files into the ROM so that when you hard reset they are installed. Now is it possible to extract the .cab for Media Player 10 from a PPC 2003 SE device that has it and place it into the ROM on the PPC-6600?

Thanks!
    Many have said its too integrated into the OS for this. I've seen some try, all have failed.

I'm a software engineer.. if you pay me full rate, for an unstated amount of time, with no guarentee of success. I'll attempt it though.

Just let me know.

Byron

Re: Re: Media Player 10 .cab file???

Originally posted by bfaber
    Many have said its too integrated into the OS for this. I've seen some try, all have failed.

I'm a software engineer.. if you pay me full rate, for an unstated amount of time, with no guarentee of success. I'll attempt it though.

Just let me know.

Byron
    how about penny per hour?

Re: Re: Re: Media Player 10 .cab file???

Originally posted by g35mt
    how about penny per hour?
    Hah.. try closer to $50.

btf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Media Player 10 .cab file???

Originally posted by bfaber
    Hah.. try closer to $50.

btf
    it's okay i will outsource that to china or india...

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Sounds like a bounty deal to me.

I will pay you $50 per hour.

After the first 3 hours I would like you to give me a full report that explains what you've accomplished, what has failed, and why, and your recommendations, along with time estimates for completion (if possible). I will be happy to pay for an additional 4th hour for this report.

In any event, the hardware and software you use is yours, the final and intermediate products are mine, and everything will be covered by NDA.

PM me if you're serious. I am.

Ehud

Originally posted by Ehud
    Sounds like a bounty deal to me.

I will pay you $50 per hour.

After the first 3 hours I would like you to give me a full report that explains what you've accomplished, what has failed, and why, and your recommendations, along with time estimates for completion (if possible). I will be happy to pay for an additional 4th hour for this report.

In any event, the hardware and software you use is yours, the final and intermediate products are mine, and everything will be covered by NDA.

PM me if you're serious. I am.

Ehud
    Heh.. I'll take a look. (I wasn't serious about well, taking the money. I'm not a fan of personal contract work).

Biggest issue at this point is finding an ARM/xscale rom with a WMP 10 image in it.

I'm not confident about the ability to pull this off, but I'll dig anyway.

Byron