+ Reply to Thread

GPS Car Kit Combo?

I am going to do a full install of my 6600 and have came down to what I want to do. Although I may have a conflict here, so hopefully someone can come up with an option.

I am going to get the Pro Clip 849612 mount (sorry link was too long to paste, but its on the proclip.com website. It has the wire attached to the cradle, but this perticular one is able to attach a GPS cable in place of the power if needed.

I will use the Sony/Erricson HCB-30 blue tooth kit for the voice.

My problem: Is there a way to use GPS while the power cable is plugged in?

Moviemkr00

Forgot to mention, I do realize you can do GPS using BT. But having the HCB-30 for my calls I assume there will be a conflict if both are running?

To be more specific, I dont want battery powered anything.
    Like say a reciever that goes under the dash and runs off vehicle power and uses BT to the 6600. Maybe I am asking too much.
    Last edited by Moviemkr00; 03-04-2005 at 12:29 AM.

there is no conflict running a bt gps with other devices. i run it with my headset with no problems. it comes down to whether you want a wireless solution or not. a gps kit designed for the xda will work fine with the 6600. i recently switched from the tomtom wired kit for the xda to a delorme blue logger bluetooth gps. both work fine with the phone. a wired solution will have a y split power cable to power the phone and send the gps signal to the phone. it will come as part of the kit. you can use the bt kit without any cables but then you just need to worry about running out of power. also you'll need to play with power settings to keep the phone powered and the screen lit up. i usually keep the phone plugged in and set the screen to stay lit and running with external power. with both setups i put the receiver or antenna on the dash by the windshield.