+ Reply to Thread

Need Good Pop3/Imap SW for XV6600

This is what I've tried so far:

Profimail
    Way too cumbersome to set up. The card storage options are almost non-existent. They had a lot of nerve putting such a hefty pricetag on it. I've only tried it for a day and then settled for WebIS so maybe someone here can highlight features I missed.

WebiS
    Decent and familiar interface. Easy to set up and stores almost everything nicely to the card. Slow to start up but I could live with that. However, I just lost my mail folders! After reading their forum, it appears that this problem is known and unresolved for months. Several people have lost their email and mail loss is expected. I was floored by this. Why would anyone use a package that forces users to rebuild their inboxes regularly?

Pocket Outlook
    Most reliable so far since I've not experienced data loss. Limited to attachments stored on the card. Push email happens depending on weather conditions.

After several years of the best -- Snappermail on the Palm, I'm really disappointed. SM not only archives to external storage, the format is HTML so I actually have my old SM mail on my 6600!

Help me out here, PPC lovers. Tell me that I'm missing some killer email package. Please don't tell me to settle for these mediocre offerings.
    Last edited by Beryl; 03-04-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Actually Snappermail is being ported to PPC... maybe if enough people pester them they will speed the process up..

where'd you hear that? That would be great!

Outlook sucks

Originally posted by wolfbeast
    where'd you hear that? That would be great!

Outlook sucks
    The developer mentioned it in an interview a while back. Sounds like it won't happen till later this year, but they will port it eventually at least... I agree, I miss Snappermail, so hopefully they will speed up the developement process...

That would be Great. I like @Mail but its slow
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

I WANT A PROGRAM THAT IS LIKE THE AOL PR POCKET PC. THEY SAID THEY DONT HAVE A VERSION YET FOR THE 2003 SE
    DAMN

SORRY FOR CAPS, NOT ANGRY

Doesn't Look Good

Snappermail replied to my inquiry.
    _
    We're a long way from beta testing a Pocket PC version. We're planning on releasing a UIQ version this summer, and then we plan to start working on other platforms.

---
    Jennifer Shelamer, Snapperfish Limited Corporation
    The WebIS developers sent a beta cab file to hopefully fix their troubles. They recommended uninstalling the old version. It deleted all saved mail and settings.

Sheesh!

These PPC developers can learn a lot from Palm developers. If they can't give us an option to save our mail folders or export/import the data, they should at least warn somebody.