+ Reply to Thread

Does the PPC6600 need the bluetooth patches?

Just exchanged my 6601 for a 6600 and I thought the 6600 had completely updated bluetooth drivers. But I seem to be getting the old static problem with my 6600 that I thought was solved with the 3500c drivers.

Also I notice when I turn the PPC power off the headset gets disconnected, this did not happen with the 3500c drivers.

So before I go and install the 3500c drivers onto the PPC6600 I just wanted to get confirmation, or am I doing something wrong?

I use to have the 6601 and now have the 6600 and no problems for me right out of the box with bluetooth. I was even able to use it as a modem with my Toshiba Tablet using the bluetooth, connect my BT GPS, and BT250 headset, and also sync with the Tablet using the BT.

Re: Does the PPC6600 need the bluetooth patches?

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Also I notice when I turn the PPC power off the headset gets disconnected, this did not happen with the 3500c drivers.

So before I go and install the 3500c drivers onto the PPC6600 I just wanted to get confirmation, or am I doing something wrong?
    Spinedoc, I don't believe the factory update 3500 for your audiovox is identical to the BT3500C. I believe the 3500C is better. That's why I asked for that patch to be posted again. You should try it on your PPC6600 and compare BT performance, before and after.

I also saw you at the maintenance update thread. Did you use the Audiovox update? Did it change any versions of hardware drivers, or ROMs or BT stack?

Have not done anything yet, but I am gearing up to do the audiovox rom for the 6600 today. One thing I notice is that with the 6601 the bluetooth headset would stay connected even if the device was off or in sleep mode, or at least it connected instantly, within half a ring. With my 6600 the bluetooth headset takes 3-4 rings to connect, making me miss my calls.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Can't compare the 6601 connection speed...

... but you will need the Audivox upgrade for the 6600, I found it better then 3500C. When the phone "sleeps" the BT connection does seem to be severed, and it takes a ring or two to find the headset, a ring to connect, and a rign to answer. Have only missed a few calls but with BT and the 6600 in sleep mode there is a certain amount of "finesse" to succesffuly answer calls. Too soon and nada to late and Vmail...on the up side you will have plenty of time to get the earpiece in, grab a pencil, and then answer the phone

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!