+ Reply to Thread

General questions + PhoneAlarm compatibility

I just recieved a sprint ppc 6600 and had a few general questions to ask:

1. Is there an easy way to save a number and name from the main phone menu without having to use the stylus to manually enter a new contact?

2. Does the PhoneAlarm beta operate with the ppc 6600? I tried to download the free trial version to my phone and it says that it does not support that type of file. I did not know if I needed a different version or what.

3. Finally, does anyone have any suggestions regarding good references to websites with free downloads to make your phone more efficiently functional (aka: more user friendly).

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PhoneAlarm

It works fine. You are downloading the installer Pacakage which is all they have up. You need to download this to your PC and install it with the 660x connected via the cradle.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

pss

saving numbers to 6600

I have had the same problem. I recently got the 6600 and that was one of the first thing I noticed. When someone calls you, you can't save their number from the call history list. pesky!

if there is a trick to this, please let me know.

Other issues:

alarm tones too soft... I need to download some new ones.

I set up my pop mail in about 2 minutes in the Sprint Store, and was able to download my email, but I'm still having trouble with outgoing mail. It doesn't seem to allow a different login for the smtp server.

Annoying that the charger is connected to the synch cradle. I like to charge overnight at home, and synch with my computer at work.

On that last note what you can do is use the funny little adapter they give you. plug the adapter into your phone and the wall plug into the adapter, then at work just use the cradle, the crade will still charge your 6600 through the usb. now you have a charger at home and a sync/charger at work all for free.

I would not recommend phonealarm for the PPC-6600. I know this is a long thread. But you can read my opinion on the top of page 68 and that of others who agree. See the url below:

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...358#post376358

Euphorically Confused
    To set up your POP mail, you might have to use the Sprint server for outgoing mail. My home email also does not allow me to login and send from the PPC. So, I changed the outgoing server to smtp.sprintpcs.com. Try this, it should work.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

The Cartman of Convergence

Re: General questions + PhoneAlarm compatibility

Originally posted by snowman305
    I just recieved a sprint ppc 6600 and had a few general questions to ask:

1. Is there an easy way to save a number and name from the main phone menu without having to use the stylus to manually enter a new contact?

Thanks
    Call history, press and hold, save to contacts. If the number is already in your contacts, it will be greyed out.

Onstjohn

pss
    To set up your POP mail, you might have to use the Sprint server for outgoing mail. My home email also does not allow me to login and send from the PPC. So, I changed the outgoing server to smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    But if I do that, then it sends from my sprint email address, right? I know, it's not that big of a deal, I just want to have it look like my work email.

And three cheers to OnStJohn for the tip on saving numbers from Call History to contacts! Simple solution, but I just expected it to be in the tools menu when you highlight a number. This is great.

Last edited by pss; 07-29-2005 at 07:40 PM.

All of these questions can be answered via a quick search of this forum....... honestly these answers have been gone over and over....... take a breeze of the forums.
    And welcome to the PPC6600/01!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Watch out for PhoneAlarm. Search it.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Ive been running phonealarm for two months now I find it indispensible, its never caused any stability issues for me, once in awhile it forgets to tell me about new voice mail, but thats it. over all its an awesome product, I wouldnt recommend a 6600 without it.