+ Reply to Thread

Can you remap power & phone buttons?

Hello, first time poster. I've searched quite a bit over the past few days and have found this site extremely useful. However I can't find any information discussing whether it is possible to remap the power, red phone, and green phone buttons. The default options and hacks i've found only let you remap the record/camera/calendar/contacts/start/messagin/ie/ok/pcs buttons. Is there a hack or something for those other 3 hardware buttons?

What I currently want to do is change the red phone button. I constantly find myself bumping it and hanging up calls. I'd rather just hangup by pressing the onscreen button. I'd love to remap that to turn off the screen w/ a single press (like sdsoft's phone lock hack except with a single press), and have the hold function still power down the phone.

Thanks!

Anyone have any knowledge of whether those buttons can be remapped?

I think it would require some serious registry tweaking. But if anyone knows, it will be here in this forum.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Green button remap? Not yet but...)

Would like to change the phone app from it's default to a different app. For those interested, I am using ppcsolutions.biz ExtendedPhone v2.9SE. The (simple) reason is I like it's T9 (I think?) screen entry method. So now to my question:

I'd like to change the program that starts when I press the green button from what I think it starts (cprog.exe?) to ExtPhone. The reason for posting here is this is w/in the forum associated with the phone I have & the initial poster asked this question (among other button(s), for which I've found insufficient answer(s). Maybe it's obvious to some, but just not to me.

After searching both here & on the xda-developers forums, I have tried Vito's buttonmapper (doesn't allow access to those particular buttons). On the xda forum I found references to http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus but it has warnings about this particular HTC model. I have sent the developer a message asking what he/she'd suggest, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

Any (helpful) feedback would be greatly appreciated. As I know more, I'll follow up here, assuming other poster(s) haven't already stated what I'd state.

On another note, I have experimented with Mamaich's phone add-on, which provides access to my contacts while within cprog. If ExtPhone's T9 input method was available as a phone plug-in, I suppose I could use that approach. See http://mamaich.kasone.com/ imate link for more info, although http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=11120 provides more complete information.

Again, thanks to all for your help.
    John
    John

I running PhonePlus 3

(available here: http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16179 )

And it has the ability to select whether to map it to the green send button or not.

I haven't had a chance to scour the registry to see if this is how it is done or if it is contained in the code. When I get a chance I will post what I find or you can install and check for yourself. It is a nice prog with T9.

im looking for the same.. just thought id add myself to thread for now.
    Verizon XV6600

I find ButtonMax (by PocketMax) much more robust and feature-rich than Vito ButtonMapper. I use ButtonMax to assign programs and custom macros to HW buttons. The current version only maps 5 buttons, and does not allow mapping the power/green/red buttons.

According to emails exchanged with PocketMax, they will be releasing an update in 4-6 weeks. Unlimited button mapping is planned. I assume (and hope) the power/green/red buttons will be included in the mapping choices -- but can't be sure until I get my hands on it.