+ Reply to Thread

PPC-6600 reception and power

I recently switched over to the ppc-6600 from the Treo 650 because I manly use PPC for work.....The only problem that I have encountered and it happens to be a rather big one is that I miss alot of calls. As far as reception goes there have been times that it is sitting on my desk with 3 bars and the icon pops up that says "new voicemail"

Has anyone else had problems with this? I really like this phone, but if these problems continue I might go back to the Treo 650....Anyone have any ideas?

My Bluetooth is built in!
    I havnt noticed this, if anything I miss fewer calls with the ppc6600 than I did with the vm4500 I was using before. Unless I am accessing data! Make sure you dont have a program running with a constant connection to the internet. AIM or verichat or something similar perhapse.

I am frequesntly in poor reception areas and I find the ppc6600 performs much better with poor signal or even no bars at all. (-95-100db)

Perhapse your service was improperly set up when you switched phones. The phone itself might even be the problem.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

Bryan....I think that the data might be a problem....I dont really use any programs that should have an auto connect to the internet....I do have the device checking for mail from my Charter and Sprint accounts...so how do I make sure that this things disconnects from the net when I am done using it? Do I just push the red button....? I know what you mean about the 4500 it was very bad.....any info would help out alot....Chase

It is not about disconnecting the session. An idle data connection is no problem at all. Active sessions/up-downloads are what causes thedevice to forward to voicemail.

One idea is to have sprint send you an sms page when you get an email, and then manually fetch it. This will avoid having the device check for email that is not there. This is how I use it and I really like this solution.

As for your charter acct, all you can do is decrease the fequency it polls the server if there is no way to be notified of new mail.

-rob

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    You could also install the GPS tweak... the unfortunate side effect is it makes the internet connection disconnect... but if that's what you want, that's a good side effect.

E

I also Just got the 6600 2 weeks ago and have noticed the following: I'm getting more voice mail which means calls aren't coming in. Also I have noticed that even if I don't have anything check for mail or iinterest it goes Active for no reason. I use to have The 66011 and would not get That much voice mail and also would not 90 Active to internet for no reason.

Sorry it Should be 6600 and not 66002 Also it should be 6601 and not 66011 I'm on the road posting using my tablet and didn't noticed my input was recognized different.
    Last edited by ElCamino; 03-05-2005 at 07:52 PM.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by ElCamino
    I also Just got the 66002 weeks ago and have noticed the following: I'm getting more voice mail which means calls aren't coming in. Also I have noticed that even if I don't have anything check for mail or iinterest it goes Active for no reason. I use to have The 66011 and would not get That much voice mail and also would not 90 Active to internet for no reason.
    What is a 66002 or a 66011? I've never heard of any of these devices.

Ehud

Yeh I know what you mean....It does seem to go active for no reason. Even with everything turned off......has anyone else noticed this?...