+ Reply to Thread

PPC6600 voice quality?

I have noticed on the average that the voice quality of the sound coming out of the earpiece during a call is extremely distorted and scratchy.

Is this a normal thing? My old 6035 sounded crystal clear when talking to people.

For example, "Claire" on *2 should sound clear, but she sounds overdriven through the 6600.

Administrator
    have you adjusted the ear volume? if you go to high you will start to distort the speaker.

i would not let clair be a reference point.. those voices sound horrible ona land line phone....

I tried setting the in-call volume to the minimum and all callers sound distorted.

I tried taking it to the sprint store and they think it sounds fine.

What is scary is, the "speakerphone" sounds identical to the ear mode except that the speakerphone is louder. It sounds as distorted when in normal mode as it does in speakerphone mode.

I'm not sure how else to describe the quality of the other party.

Update:

I tried using the wired headset. Amazingly, using the stereo wired headset shows NO degradation in voice quality. In fact, after dialing *2 and pressing 1 for English, Claire was very clear and distinct.

The Sprint "Ding" was also very clear.

Can other people with Sprint and a 6600 or a 6601 try calling customer care (*2) and reply with your comments on whether Claire sounds distorted (very much like a Bus Terminal announcing the departure of a bus where you can't understand the announcement because the announcer is speaking too close to the microphone) or clear.

I just want to know if it's my phone or if it's a bug with the device that may be cleared up with a reset/upgrade.