+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OWA access

OWA access

Anyome have or know of a good program that can access an OWA server for checking corp email?

thanks

I hit my server through active stink on the XV6600, over the air. It's the native app on the phone, you shouldn't need third party if the server on the other end is an OWA.

Our admin gave me a certificate and I set up the account in about 3 mintues. works like a charm. Let me know if you want details.

Kris

owa help

please give me details

Talk to your Exchange administrator, they should be able to hook you up.

You can either use OMA (Outlook Mobile Access), or Server ActiveSync. I use the latter, as it's far more robust. You can even set it up so that the Exchange server will SMS your phone when a new e-mail is received. The phone will catch the SMS and not display it to you, but it will trigger an over-the-air ActiveSync. Works wonderously.

My corp won't support it since they didn't purchase the phone. I have a t-mobile blackberry and the have a web client that quieries the owa every 15 min. Is there anything liek that, that you are aware off?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Yes it's called wireless sync. It's part of your phone. Use "search".

E

Sickwidit
    One thing you have to remember is that many companies are still running exchange 5.5 which pocket ie just doesn't play well with and oma/eas doesn't exist. Exchange 2000 OWA works ok with pocket ie as well as Exchange 2003. Exchange 2000 supports direct device to exchange syncing via MIS server and Exchange 2003 supports this natively. Check with your IT dept and see what they are using, also see if their security policies support pocket pc's.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

Originally posted by commoboy6969
    My corp won't support it since they didn't purchase the phone. I have a t-mobile blackberry and the have a web client that quieries the owa every 15 min. Is there anything liek that, that you are aware off?
    In addition to relatively slow deployment of Exchange Server 2003 w/ OMA, many corporations aren't turning OMA on even after deploying the upgrade.

Also, many corporations have deemed VZW's wireless sync to violate their security protocols and either block it, or make use of such services a violation by the employee of the corp.'s electronic communications policies.