+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PPC6600 BT headset answers on 4th ring?!

Ive not seen anyone else really post about this and was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this problem. On incoming calls, if the 6600 is in sleep mode or off, it takes it 4 rings to connect the bluetooth headset. At the end of the 4th ring it goes to voicemail, leaving me with half a ring to press the answer button on my headset.

My previous PPC6601 did not have this problem. When I turn off/sleep my 6600 after half a minute I can hear my headset beep since it is cut off, this never happened with the 6601. To make matters worse my headset powers off after a couple of minutes of inactivity.

This has been tested with a Bluespoon AX and a Sony HBH-660. I have also experienced this with a PPC6600 straight from the store AND after I applied the Audiovox update and hard resetted.

So am I the only one with this issue? This is a major deal breaker for me and I am very tempted to go back to the 6601. My last resort is to try 3500C and see if that helps, maybe there is a reg setting or something.

Well I just installed the 3500C patch and now my bluetooth headset responds on the 3rd ringer in the 6600 itself, which is actually the 4th to 5th actual ringer on the calling phone since Sprint seems to have a 1-2 ringer lag itself. I'd rather NOT have the 3500C since it causes the memory error most of the time. Plus the headset is still disconnecting, which means it will eventually power off itself, sigh.

So a minor improvement, but still not the half a ringer response time, and no disconnects I am used to with my PPC6601. Anyone care to venture a guess as to the difference? Could it be a registry setting?
    iPhone 3GS !!

Installed the 3900B patch just to see what would happen. No change, headset is still picked up on the 3rd ring.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I have the same deal with the verizon XV6600 and the audiovox rom. Tried the 3900b with no change. I think it is a bluetooth 1.1 problem. From what I understand there is always a 2 second delay from sleep to wakeup/connect. Supposedly bluetoth 1.2 fixes it to be milliseconds to connect. Of course that does us no good. I have had it with the hbh 660 and the logitech mobile freedom headset. With the logitech, if I pushed the button on the headset before it connected the call , it would shut off the headset.

If you keep it powered you won't see this problem. Its only coming out of sleep mode. Another thing you could do is hit the answer button on the phone and then transfer it to the headset.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Looks like the 6600 has a bug. My SX66 picks up on the first ring with the factory firmware update installed. I tried both the Moto HS10 and HS850.

I dont think its a bluetooth 1.1 issue, although Im sure with 1.2 the turn on time would be even less.

Keep in mind that on my PPC6601 my bluetooth headset would turn on within the first ring. Might be going back to the 6601 since I use my headset 99.9% of the time.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Administrator
    yeah. i have the plantronics one and it picks up on the first ring...

out of the box firmware also on the 00...

SpineDoc,

How did you test for ringing. Did it happen every time. even when a "awake"? Because if my headset is awake it connects almost instantly. If it's asleep it might take 2 rings. But I'll count again for sure.

Like I mentioned, I don't see the problem unless the phone is asleep. In general it is 4 rings to connect to the phone from sleep. If it is powered or on then it answers instantly. Not only that but if its powered the hb 660 shows the phone number. If it comes out of sleep I never see the phone number on the hbh 660.

SpinDoc,

Ok, I retested my PPC-6600 this morning with the HBH-300 after everything was in a good deep sleep.

I put on the headset, called it from a land line and the land line headset rang 1 "full ring" (i.e. bling-bling) before anything rang on the cellular end.

The headset almost started to ring in my ear instantly at the same time the PPC rang and VC started it's caller ID announcement and when the phone app displayed from sleep I never saw the question mark.

Now I have seen conditions where the headset Icon with the question mark sits there for a few seconds. But I can't seem to repeat that worst case situation at will. Which is why I asked how you tested it.

This is odd, maybe I have a defective unit. This is a BIG problem because my unit is pretty much always asleep, I dont want to hit any screen functions when it is in my coat pocket, and I like to conserve battery.

How I tested, I just turned the unit off, called it with another phone and counted the rings. This was with a hbh660 and a bluespoon ax.

Just did a hard reset to make sure the bluetooth patches did not mess anything up, still answering on the 4th ring. Are you guys saying your 6600's answer on the first ring, with out of the box software (no patches). If so then I should exchange the unit. It has been a bit weird compared to my 6601, flashing screens sometimes and random reboots.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Im curious why Ivan is getting the 4 ring from sleep issue, but mswlogo is not. Are you guys using the new audiovox patch or any of the other patches? I never tested it with the old out of the box firmware, I just automatically updated to the audiovox patch.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Im curious why Ivan is getting the 4 ring from sleep issue, but mswlogo is not. Are you guys using the new audiovox patch or any of the other patches? I never tested it with the old out of the box firmware, I just automatically updated to the audiovox patch.
    I am interested in the 660, so let us know if it is the headset that is the problem, have you tried to exchange it?

My understanding is that you can reinstall older patches to roll back your BT files.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

The main difference is that on my 6601 the phone did NOT disconnect from the bluetooth headset, at least I would assume this because my headset never beeped indicating a disconnection when I shut the PPC off.

On the 6600 when I shut the phone off 5 seconds later I get a disconnect beep from my headset. I dont think it is the headset because the same thing happens on both my bluetooth headsets.
    iPhone 3GS !!

SpineDoc -

I have the HBH-660 and the HBH-300. Both pick up on the 3rd or 4th ring, which is not acceptable. My customers who don't want to leave me a message will hang up at about that point.

From reading posts it may be a hardware issue, so I am calling for a replacement and will report back when I get the new one.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I'm not sure if it's hardware or not. An hour later in the car I made a call and the headset did not pick up for 2 rings. This is HBH-300. I've never seen 4 rings though. My wife answered on first ring and it took a couple seconds before it switched after she picked up (about another rings worth).

Like I asked earlier. How do you do a consistent test?

Well I cant say my tests are consistent, but I have tried it dozens of times and every time it is on the 4th ring, and this is with 2 different headsets.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I have the same issues. I have tried the jabra 200, 250, and 800 all with the same results. Finally got through to someone at Verizon who seemed to know a little about the phone and bluetooth issues....what a shock. He seemed to think there is something wrong with the phone. I will be getting my new 6600 tomorrow. Additionally I have ordered the Sony Ericsson 660 due to all the bad press I have read regarding the jabra units and the XV6600.

Additional Background. I have an XV6600 with the audiovox rom/bluetooth stack upgrade (3500). I have noticed that when I turn the unit on after a sleep, the bluetooth icon in the lower right of the screen cycles from active (steady blue) to off (solid gray) to initializing (half blue, half gray w/red x in lower right) back to active. This happens regardless of if I have my bluetooth headset on or off and it does not happen all the time. I would say that 95% of the time this is the case. Occasionally the bluetooth icon will stay on after I power on the unit after a significant downtime and not cycle through the stages as I outlined above in which case the phone wakes up with the bluetooth active and connects to the headset immediately. I have tried soft resetting with the bluetooth on and off and am not able to replicate why it cycles 90% of the time and doesn't the other 10%. I am highly frustrated because I do miss quite a few calls because by the time the bluetoothcycles, reconnects to my headset and rings, 50% of the time I have missed the call and it has gone into voice mail.

Like I said I will be getting the new unit on tuesday with the new 660 headset to arrive on Wed.

I will keep you informed.

I have the XV6600 with Voice Command (among others, I mention voice command because other people have reported bluetooth problems after installing VC) and the offical audiovox 3500 patch. I tried the 3900 patch but that didn't change this behavior.

I have had the issue with both logitechs, both the hbh 300 and 660, the Mot 820, the Jabra 250 and the Jabra 200 on multiple XV6600(I am supporting 5 people). So it leads me to believe it is not the headset...

mswlogo, I have seen a situation if it isn't a deep deep sleep it might still stay connected. When I say deep deep sleep, sometimes when I hit the power button and try calling within 5 minutes it tends to connect within 1 ring(most of the time). I do get the disconnect beep when I hit the power button but like I said, sometimes it still connects quickly.

The above is purely answering. If I am making a call, I have to turn the phone on and the headset connects long before I ever get to finish voice dialing.

In general if it has been sitting in my pocket it consistently takes 4 rings. I see the headset with the question mark then it connects.

Also I have tried incresing my time to shutoff to 5 minutes and am testing it now. Don't know how this will truly help because it might fix the 4 ring problem but it will probably kill my battery life.

I have resigned myself to keeping my phone as powered as possible and that is a sucky solution.