+ Reply to Thread

Question Toggle Bluetooth?

I'm looking to be able to toggle BT on and off by hitting one button (such as the camera button).

I don't know if there is current software for this or if it would take some hacking.

Ideally it would toggle on-off from one button. Maybe play a sound confirming you turned it on or off (different sounds).

This application could save battery and let me use my wired car speakerphone with less bother.

Thanks...Brad
    Sprint PPC-6700

Bluetooth being on requires very little power. My phone sat idle with BT on the other day and after 18 hr's in still had like 85% battery.

To my knowldege You can only assign a button to launch BT manager, but not for sub-menus, like turn BT on/off, or discovering devices.

The same is true of any program. You can only associate buttons with launching programs, but not with sub-operations.

You could probably get a program like pocket zen, not sure if you can assign a hardware button but you would have a software button on screen.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I used SPB Pocket Plus to create a shortcut to BT Settings, and that puts a large icon on the today screen. That pulls up the screen that has the BT On and BT Off buttons. So it does require 2 presses instead of one, but I can do it with my fat finger instead of the stylus.

PZP and another little profiles program I tried couldn't turn BT on and off on my phone. Hopefully PhoneAlarm's profiles can.
    Jeremiah 29:11