+ Reply to Thread

How to turn off screen while playing music

With my i700, I could play mp3s and hit the power button once to turn the screen off. This phone will only allow me to dim the screen by holding down the power button. However, if I hit the button once, and the screen turns totally off, it also shuts off the music. Anyone know how to turn off the screen while listening to music?

Thanks!

Go to button settings for the program and set one of them to screen toggle.

I don't see "screen toggle" I see "rotate screen" as an option.

cant figgure it out either

Help
    I can't figgure out how to do this either!
    any extra instructions would bet greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Administrator
    3rd party players have a feature in them to alow you to shut off the screen whilst playing music. lok in the tools or preferences of that progrm.. if you dont see such an option, use another program. "withmp3" is an excellent player...

best way I found...

to turn the screen on and off instantly is to use the lock keys function:

start>settings>system tab(bottom)>button lock>lock all buttons except power button

What it does is allow you to touch the power button one time, screen goes black and all buttons lock, without affecting anything currently running.

I use it all the time when on calls so the battery is saved, the screen wont inadvertantly click on something etc. To change songs etc, just touch the power button again and you will be right where you were before.

Bill
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11

Thanks Marctronixx... You were right... GSPlayer has "Display Off" feature. Good call!

I think these PPC phones are in the "discover" mode for most of us. The manuals, both hard copy and PDF, leave out a lot of things as we're supposed to know them. Thus the many questions on these forums about simple user features.

Originally posted by freestylenyc
    I don't see "screen toggle" I see "rotate screen" as an option.
    Wrong Button Settings.

There is a button settings in Windows Media itself. Tools...Setting...Buttons. From there you can assign all Windows Media functions to differnt buttons and one option is to assign a button to toggle the screen.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

When I said button settings for the program, I meant certain programs allows you to map buttons independent of the general buttons settings in the settings menu.

ie. as jglev said, if you are in media player... you can go to tools, settings, buttons, and then assign functions to the buttons. This setting will only work when -in this example- media player is up. When you minimize media player, your default buttons set up will take over.

Sorry, should have been more clear in my previous post but you know, typing on the 6600 is not exactly easy.