+ Reply to Thread

Talking Well, I got a PPC6600

Okay, Sprint. Here I come again. Claire, you remember me, babe? We spent hours at a time together. I know you missed me

I still have 2 SX66 phones awaiting return, but why waste time? I picked up a Sprint PPC6600 at COMPUSA 2 minutes before they closed. Since I'm porting a number from Cingular to it, they (Sprint) said it will take a few hours to activate. So, I'm charging it without activesynching because I want to test it fully before I install any 3rd party apps.

I know I'm glutten for punishment, but geek toys have their way with me. Besides, Sprint still owes me money. There's no better way to get my money back than to reopen my account and keep calling *2 from my new phone.

It's too late to do any testing. But I'll let y'all know what I think of the PPC6600. I noticed it already had BT build3500, and I also noticed that pocket IE is version 6.0. So, maybe I don't need a plug-in to fool websites into displaying on my PPC. We'll see.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    My Verizon camera-full XV6600 also has PIE 6.0. What version did the original units ship with?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Welcome Back!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

hey sputnik,

just have a few questions, hope you dont' mind

1. how/where did you get the xv6600 with camera from verizon?

2. do you know if any cities in Ohio are among their 30 evdo test markets? if so, which one(s) and how does one sign up?

3. how does one check the version IE

thank you!

Originally posted by nowinjustfun

1. how/where did you get the xv6600 with camera from verizon?
    Some guy selling them on ebay, but he happens to be local (metro NY), so I went to his warehouse to see the phone before I bought it.

2. do you know if any cities in Ohio are among their 30 evdo test markets? if so, which one(s) and how does one sign up?
    Go to the VZW site and check it out, there are a few cities in OH listed.

3. how does one check the version IE
    Under Settings | System | Device Information, it's the last entry

thank you!
    You're welcome!
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Re: Well, I got a PPC6600

Originally posted by TonyH
    Okay, Sprint. Here I come again.

Hmmm. It seems like you never left!

-BD

Originally posted by sputnik
    Where is this guy? I cant find anything on ebay with a camera. I am NYC local.

Uh. I just searched ebay for "XV6600", and this was midway down the list.

Originally posted by patcat88
    Where is this guy? I cant find anything on ebay with a camera. I am NYC local.
    _______

thank you for reply sputnik!

i found out that indeeed Columbus, OH is one of their rest markets! yay! wow, why wait for sprint to come out with evdo only to find out they won't even support ppc6600!!!

man, this is exciting, if only verizon had the camera version available... i think the $750 plus shipping price tag on eBay is just a little too much! Any ideas where/how this guy managed to get his hands on these?

I mean, with a $150 instant rebate and a 20% discount on my business account, I can get the ppc6600 *with camera* from sprint for only $350!

...if only there were a way to make the ppc6600 work with verizon...any ideas on either of the above point?

:bang head:
    I was searching for vx6600 by accident, lol, no wonder I only found 3 mislabeled xv66000 cells selling, and about 1000 accessories for the misspellings. Sorry about that.

Last time I looked, Verizon XV6600 was on their web site for $549 with the contract, not $750 plus

tony,

i was referring to the xv6600 *with camera* on ebay

as it turns out, u can now pre-order it from amazon for only 499.99

(even cheaper than the no camera version!!!)

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=britneyland&path=tg/detail/-/B0007Q3TNW/qid=1110268384/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl180/?v=glance&s=wireless&n=507846">xv6600 with camera</a>

I picked up one yesterday at CompUSA.. Thanks TonyH for the tip.

Now if I only had the time to set it set up and configured.
    Just remember, You can love your phone but you can't LOVE your phone.

Whistler, did you get the free 7" screen DVD player with your Sprint activation at compUSA? It's a cheap one at (Initial IDM1731, sold for $159~$189 at various stores) but hey, it's free, and it has a $40 rebate too.

Originally posted by nowinjustfun
    tony,

i was referring to the xv6600 *with camera* on ebay

as it turns out, u can now pre-order it from amazon for only 499.99
    Good deal. You get to enjoy EVDO at $45 a month too or is it $50 now?

After 3 PPC phones purchased through telesales I decided I don't want to deal with telesales any longer. It is easier to pick up the phone at a store and return there for instant credit or exchange if something is wrong within 21-30 days.

Originally posted by TonyH
    Whistler, did you get the free 7" screen DVD player with your Sprint activation at compUSA? It's a cheap one at (Initial IDM1731, sold for $159~$189 at various stores) but hey, it's free, and it has a $40 rebate too.
    No I didn't. I called *2 and activated it over the phone. They never told me squat.

You get that only if you activate at the store. How did you get the phone at compUSA w/o activation? Did you get the $150 instant savings?

I didn't get the 150 off.. I paid full price.. I called in the morning and they had one in stock.. They set it aside for me.. I picked it up later that evening.

For the $150, go to a Sprint store and ask for a rebate submission form, they will give you one, fill it out, include your receipt and send it in.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Yeah, it looks like you were in a hurry. If you activated at the store you would've gotten $150 instant rebate and the free DVD player.

It's not too late for the rebate, though, but it will be a mail-in instead of instant rebate, as Staceman explained.

Also, you can go back to compUSA and try to claim that DVD player. It is showing in their Sunday circular.