+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tweak Utility

Tweak Utility

I saw all the posts here about turning LEDs off and other such registry "hacks". I figured it might be useful to make a little application to do those things more easily...so I wrote one.

Right now it lets you turn the BT and Service lights on and off...and will prompt for a soft-reset if required. If there is anything else people would like to have it do, let me know and I'll add to it.

------------------------------
    This has only been tested on a 660x and is not intended for any other PPC. It modifies the registry. Use this at your own risk.
    ------------------------------

One last note, this is just the .exe for the device, you'll need to copy it over to your device via active sync or just download it directly to the device...I suppose I could make an installer too if there is enough interest.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE 3, (DEPENDING ON YOUR SETTINGS OF COURSE)

link: http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/v...ic.php?t=21136
    (sorry PDAPhoneHome admins...but that's where I host the file)
    Last edited by RICoder; 04-07-2005 at 10:36 PM.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing your source? I know that's akin to asking someone their weight or age, but I figured it'd be worth a shot
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Lightbulb

Oops...I deleted the attachment.

Here is the new version. I added the keyboard backlight timeout to it.
    Last edited by RICoder; 04-02-2005 at 09:30 PM.

Sweet! Thanks RICoder.

Why not add the registry setting to add/remove the "disconnect" button in the bubble along with the connected time in the bubble.

To get just the disconnect/time online in your bubble, Tweak the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone]
    "Flags2"=dword:00000000 = no button disconect in con. buble.
    "Flags2"=dword:00000008 = button disconect on con. buble.
    "Flags2"=dword:00000010 = button disconect and time con. on buble conection (hex)

I did 0x10. (Make sure you set HEX 0x10.. 16 decimal).

Warm reset

Thanks!
    Last edited by RCPerkinsJR; 03-08-2005 at 09:05 AM.
    -rp-

~I760~
    (retired I700,XV6600,I730)

crud...I was playin' around with the code and uploaded it. Now the LED checkboxes don't work.

I'll fix that and put in the Disconnect/Time stuff around 6pm EST...look for an update then.

New version posted above. Same disclaimer applies.

It now does the following:
    -Add the Disconnect Button, the Elapsed Time or both to the connection bubble
    -Disables/Eanbles the LED for service
    -Disables/Eanbles the LED for BT
    -Changes the backlight timeout for the keyboard

It's pretty spartan...I'm no artist.

Hope this helps ppl...again, if you have anything else I could add to it, let me know.

Thanks, I've used it so far for the connection bubble. I like a no nonsense app such as this.

What about the Time/Date tweak?

http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=52

And glyph cache?

http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=11

4, 8, 16, and 32 would be good choices.

Has anyone tried this on the XV6600?
    Jeremiah 29:11

This key controls what holding the end key does.

It eaither disconnects Data session or Shuts down the phone completely.

Just search for it.

flightmodeswitchbypnhendkey

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Has anyone tried this on the XV6600?
    Installed fine on the XV6600. However, it doesn't block the amber light when its charging. That's what I really want to block!

I'm not sure if you can even disable that light, but I'll check. Glad it works good with the verizon ver.

Originally posted by RICoder
    I'm not sure if you can even disable that light, but I'll check. Glad it works good with the verizon ver.
    It does block the charging light if I have it hooked up to the pc via usb cable, just not on the ac powered charger with no usb hook-up.

As I said, that's what I really want to kill---lights up the bedroom at night!

bluetooth led

I used the tweak and like it but I can't get my bluetooth light to come back on. What is the registry entry for turning the leds' on and off?

Yeah...that util was a one off I did in about 10 minutes...its got a couple of bugs.

You want to go to:
    HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\BWLEDMGR
    and set:
    Index=1

0 is off, if you want to flip it off again. I'm working on an XML based extesnsible Tweak Util...but that is on the back burner for now until the SMS app is done.

When I turned my Blue LED off, the Index was 2. I set it to 0 to turn it off. I would expect that it should be 2 to work correctly.

-BD

That is correct. Value of 2 turns light on. And here I thought all "on-off" values were 0 or 1...... Anyone know of a good registry description faq or website for windows ce?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The problem here is that you're getting kernel-internals at a glance. The registry is where the values are stored, but the key values are only meaningful inside the kernel.

So if you are saying "How does the registry work" you could look up lots of HOWTOs on Berkley DB1 and DB2 which work similarly.

If you're asking "What do all the values do" the list is as endless as the flexibility of the OS. That's why most sites abbreviate it to the Things That Matter Most.

When it comes to virtual devices, virtual device drivers, logical devices, dll, and physical device mapping.. that's where the registry entries tell the device IO manager how to send the IRPs.

In this case 0 means "unit 0" and there isn't one.

1 means "The right side LED" which is the green/red/orange LED>

2 means "The left side LED" which is the blue flashy one.

I've tried to swap the two, but apparently they take different IOCTLs to change color, and they don't interoperate well with one being OFF/BLUE and the other being OFF/RED/GREEN/ORANGE.

Hope that helps.

Ehud

Thank you for the excellent reply and not calling me out as a programming moron. Your contributions to this forum are greatly appreciated.

Techie in a Cowboy Town

I am a computer moron ... so be gentle

Two Questions ...

1. If I play around with the registry and screw something up ... will a sprite backup restore fix it? or maybe a Hard Reset???

2. Is it possible to add the ability to adjust the "hidden volume" in the registry ... maybe with this tweak app????

Fuzzy
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units