+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

when i try to send picture mail, it freezes up.....

whats the deal with it. i tap new , tap on image in my pictures, than tap next.....and than it freezes. i have to soft reset each time.

anyone get this yet?

it doesnt even let me end task in runnin program list.

Same here, but I have AOL and bought the ppc AOL, and that works fine.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

which aol are you using, they havnt released a version thatthey say works for te 6600.it says on the current versions out, that it is not made for windows mobile second edition. so i didnt use it yet. until they make the new version.

Bought at PocketGear or Handango, the one for wm2003, works like a charm. Not one problem, even sends attachments.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wow, im sure it works, but eventually something might go bust. i hope not for you. its just they are making one specifically for second edition. i had a treo 600 with aol and when i got my treo 650, i used the same aol on it and it seemd towork find until boom. all went wrong, and crashed t point i needed hard resets.
    good luck anyways i guess
    can u send me the aol download so i can try it on mine to see if it crashed, i want to put it hru a rigorous test

Sorry seems to be a purchase only download. You may want to contact aol about a sample one.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I have this problem as well a lot of the time. After I soft reset and send the picture mail again IMMEDIATELY after the phone boots back up, it seems to work. Still irritating, tho...

wha is causing it do u think? i hope it doesnt happen again, i hate hard reset

Strange. I just sent several pictures in picture mail with my PPC6600. No problem.

There's a lot of unexplained bahavior in these PPC phones. This is my 4th unit and sometimes functions like BT manager, activesync, or others don't start till I do a soft reset.

i know its crazy man. i almost went back to my treo 650 today. but i still cant leave it, b/c i love this unit. i prefer ppc than palm. damn what a dillema. i also heard they have the aol version for palm working for treo 650. i am waiting for it for the second edition of windows mobile. i hope its soon. i love that application
    mark

I would not go back to the Treo 650 under the current NVMS memory problems. I tried it for 3 weeks, and that was more than enough.

I liked how simple it was, and how backup was automatic, and included in hotsync. But I could not live with the memory issues and random resets.

You can setup your ActiveSync to automatically backup your stuff every time you sync, if that's what you're referring to with "automatic backup".

Caution: User error and Sprint PCS Picture mail issues

Hi all,

I've had this great ppc-6600 for about three weeks, and I love it. There are however some things I just haven't figured out - email and Picturemail are chief among them.

For starters, does anyone know how the picture mail account should be set up - specifically, the password I should be using? I found some discussions on the topic, but nothing about which password to use.

Sorry if this post is repetitive. Thanks for any help.

m

Picturemail is broken for most people... not sure what the conflict is, but it has hanged every time I've tried to use it. Maybe someone who's had more success can chime in here.

It's not a huge loss for me... I don't have free picturemail on my plan anyway. So I just attach pics to e-mails and send them via Outlook.

Dan

Re: Caution: User error and Sprint PCS Picture mail issues

Originally posted by melissa
    Hi all,

I've had this great ppc-6600 for about three weeks, and I love it. There are however some things I just haven't figured out - email and Picturemail are chief among them.

For starters, does anyone know how the picture mail account should be set up - specifically, the password I should be using? I found some discussions on the topic, but nothing about which password to use.

Sorry if this post is repetitive. Thanks for any help.

m
    If you are setting up picture mail for the first time you have to make your own password. If you have reset your phone and lost the cookie for the PM website then you need to put the one you originaly created.

picture mail problems

I've used PM for at least a year on my Sprint account. My password works fine on the Sprint site (pictures.sprint.com, or something like that). That same password won't work when I log in through the phone (although it worked on my old Samsung A-600). This link makes me think there's something I'm missing.. what email address should be in picture mail setting????

Plus there is that problem of the program hanging when I try to use the camera/album - I usually end up doing a soft reset whenever that happens. Based on what I've seen here, I guess I'm not the only one with that problem...

My Bluetooth is built in!
    sprint can reset the password if your normal one isnt working.

The freezing issue is very common, many people report that it is linked to MS Voice Command 1.5 being installed but some people (like me) who donot have it installed report the same problem. Soft reset fixes it for now, hopefully an improvement to the picture mail app is in the works from sprint.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

Thanks

I also don't have voice command, so that's not the problem for me.

I'll check with Sprint to reset the password and see if that works.

My picture mail was getting hung up so i got on the phone with level 2 support with Sprint. We removed the Voice Command 1.5 and the picture mail worked fine...When i re-installed the voice command 1.5 picture mail hung again. For those of you that are having problems with the picture mail you may want to do a one by one check with software you have added to your phone...More than likely thats the culprit. I have no other software on my phone.