+ Reply to Thread

wifi status and streaming

How well do SDIO wifi cards work with the xv6600? Are there any cards with better drivers than others? What about the combo 256mb+wifi card? Also can you listen to a 128K mp3 internet stream over wifi with gsplayer, or to a 64K/32K wma stream with PWMP without skipping on a xv6600? Also will 128k mp3 and 64k/32k wma streams skip on EV-DO/BroadbandAccess which is in my area? What about RTT 1x aka CDMA2000 aka NationalAccess?

how luney am I to put a external antenna on the sdio card if it is technically possible (it is)?

Bonus question, anyways to play mp3pro stream, and get the extra quality with it in a pocket pc?

The Sandisk SDIO wifi works like a champ - I was not able to get the 256+wifi to utilize the memory portion. I could get the wifi to work but it was hit/miss. Do a search on this and you will see that many folks have/had problems with it.

128K Stream over WIFI - No problem - no Skipping here
    128K Stream over EVDO - I have tested/used in several EVDO markets and again it works very well.

Note - streaming in 1X networks is not so GOOD - IMEXP.

Problem with the wifi is that it sticks out above the phone - I would not want to do anything to make this stick out MORE.

That's what I liked best about the SX66; built-in WiFi. I agree, I would be afraid I'm gonna crack that SD WiFi card which sticks out on top of my new PPC6600. I'm not going to use WiFi for a while.

More converged than ever!
    I ordered the Socket card this week in hopes it will add WiFi functionality to my 6600. We'll see.
    Used to be a Kyo fan, anyway. A "Smartphone" user since adding a modem card to my HP95 Pocket Computer (1992).

Doh - I recall trying the socket card and was not able to get it to work conistantly... but that was many weeks ago. Good luck.

S and K
    I just recieved a Socket card, d/l the new siftware. It all seems to work except for 1 thing. Anytime I remove the card and reinsert it, It requires a S Reset for the PPC to recongize it.

Does everyon experience this?

K

Re: wifi status and streaming

Originally posted by patcat88
    How well do SDIO wifi cards work with the xv6600? Are there any cards with better drivers than others? What about the combo 256mb+wifi card? Also can you listen to a 128K mp3 internet stream over wifi with gsplayer, or to a 64K/32K wma stream with PWMP without skipping on a xv6600? Also will 128k mp3 and 64k/32k wma streams skip on EV-DO/BroadbandAccess which is in my area? What about RTT 1x aka CDMA2000 aka NationalAccess?

how luney am I to put a external antenna on the sdio card if it is technically possible (it is)?

Bonus question, anyways to play mp3pro stream, and get the extra quality with it in a pocket pc?

The SanDisk wi-fi +256 MB card is not compatible with the 6600 (otherwise known as the HTC XDAIII); however, the SanDisk Wi-Fi only card does work with the device.

link to their compatibility chart:
    http://www.sandisk.com/pdf/retail/wi...patibility.pdf

Originally posted by StaciO
    I just recieved a Socket card, d/l the new siftware. It all seems to work except for 1 thing. Anytime I remove the card and reinsert it, It requires a S Reset for the PPC to recongize it.

Does everyon experience this?

K
    I have the sandisk without memory and I do have to reset every time I put it in and pull it out. Other than that it works great.

See this thread for more info on resets
    I Have To Soft Reset Each Time Use The Sandisk Wifi Sd Card????
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Their compatibility chart say yes for the Verizon Audiovox 6600.

E