+ Reply to Thread

What's with the PPC-6600 battery life, it's great !!!

I switched from PPC-6601 to PPC-6600 (along with the implied ROM upgrade).

I've noticed a huge leap in battery life. From 8AM to Midnight, no data, maybe 8 calls. I still got 80% !!!

That's with bluetooth on and screen at FULL brightness.

Did anyone notice a change when upgrading the ROM or phone?

I decided not to use the audiovox firmware update. With my experience in the previous two phones it can only make matters worse. Besides, it does not update anything. All ROM, radio, BT versions are the same.

As for battery life, you seem to be lucky, mswlogo. I still have to condition my battery( a few full charge-discharge cycles) , but in the last couple of nights I could watch it go down to 80% in less than two hours under the same conditions you described.

Originally posted by TonyH
    I decided not to use the audiovox firmware update. With my experience in the previous two phones it can only make matters worse. Besides, it does not update anything. All ROM, radio, BT versions are the same.

As for battery life, you seem to be lucky, mswlogo. I still have to condition my battery( a few full charge-discharge cycles) , but in the last couple of nights I could watch it go down to 80% in less than two hours under the same conditions you described.
    Tony, your phone probably had the upgraded ROM already. As for battery life, it will get better with use. As you say conditioning will improve it.

Mine runs about 50-65% at the end of the day with typical use which varies for me day-to-day.

Bob Duckworth