+ Reply to Thread

wont receive text msgs

ive had alot of people from work sending me text msgs an the phone will not recieve them, am i doing something wrong? i have the sprint version

I have had the same problem with the 6601 and now the 6600. Not sure what the problem is.

What is weird is I think I receive messages better from other carriers (Cingular...) better than from Sprint phones

Anyone else have this problem.
    PPC-6700, 1 gb SD card,
    BT i.trek/i.guidance combo,

Is this something NEW? Were you receiving msgs before and it just stopped? Or have you never been able to recieve them?

Need a bit more info to help out.

One thing I have found, is that if I use the phone as a modem...I don't get the text messages, or voicemails for that matter. So I hooked my G1000 back up to use it as a modem and leave my PPC6601 free, and I haven't missed a single text message. I rely on these messages constantly for emails alerts, etc. So I couldn't go without them.

Aside from that, I get the Text pretty fast, and Yes I am on Sprint.

Were you currently active on the internet when the texts were supposed to come through...haven't noticed that affecting mine, unless using the modem as previously stated, but just a thought.
    I can monitor my home and office CCTV surveillance systems through my PDA phone...can you?
    http://www.ez-toyz.com/page.asp?id=5

It happened several times with the Sprint 6601, but until the other day not on the 6600 (at least that I know of).

I have never used the 6600 as a modem, and I would say that I get most of my messages.

The most recent time was when I was out watching a game and my wife texted me a couple times and I never received them. The phone was not in use and in my pocket.

After she called and told me she had been messaging my I texted her to see if it worked and it did. Then I got her reply. It's really quite odd.
    PPC-6700, 1 gb SD card,
    BT i.trek/i.guidance combo,

That is rather strange...the only possibility that I might offer, is updating the information on the phone...see if they have a provisioning update, as I know that has affected my notifications on previous phones somewhat.
    I can monitor my home and office CCTV surveillance systems through my PDA phone...can you?
    http://www.ez-toyz.com/page.asp?id=5

myself, i have never recieved one, i can send them fine an people recieve them to all carriers, just i cant recieve them

I don't usually use SMS, but I sent text messages from my Cingular phone to my Sprint PPC6600. I receive them every time instantly. I also received all system notifications, and welcome, etc via sms