+ Reply to Thread

Wireless Sync Question (newbie)

Thanks for the opportunity, guys. I appreciate the forum.

I just bought the xv6600 and it should arrive today. I have a question about Wireless Sync. Is it possible to set it up to pull from two separate email accounts? In other words, can I set it up to pull from my corporate, Lotus Notes account and my personal pop3 account? If so, is there a how-to already posted somewhere on this?

Also, my company offers XTND Connect as it's preferred synchronization software. Any experience (good or bad) with that?

Thanks again.....

Wireless Sync can pull from one exchange/lotus account and multiple pop/imap accounts. I don't think there is a way to do multiple exchange/lotus.

I don't recommend doing it this way though. What happened is all the mail ended up in one mailbox on the device so my personal mail got mixed up with my corporate mail.

Some pop notes
    GMAIL does not work with the Wireless Sync but it does work with the pop access directly on the device. I use wireless sync for corporate email, and pop3 access on the device for my yahoo account. That way they are in separate inboxes. and when I reply one shows up as yahoo, the other as my corporate email. Its just a preference.

Never tried XTND Connect.

Best way to access corporat email is through direct Activesync. I cannot get this to work because my IT hasn't allowed it. So that's why I fell back to wireless sync.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I use wireless sync for corporate email, and pop3 access on the device for my yahoo account. That way they are in separate inboxes. and when I reply one shows up as yahoo, the other as my corporate email. Its just a preference.
    That's good advice....I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the input.

I agree regarding WS and other accounts as suggested above. I find it not consistent in pulling mail according to the schedule you configure on the handheld, however.

There is nothing better out there.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135