+ Reply to Thread

Yet another case - Sena

Similar to Covertec and Piel Frama (plastic sleeve over keyboard), but you can charge your 660X in the cradle without taking it out of the case:

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=334

I like Sena cases and love the fact that you can use the cradle while in the case... but the plastic over the keyboard does not appeal to me

Probably a great option for those who like the Covertec or Piel Frama but want to be able to use the cradle without removing the case.

For me, I guess I'll stick with my EB for now.
    Cingular 8125 --Noreve leather case -- 2GB miniSD -- Moto BT headset -- Belkin BT GPS

This one is a nice looking case. But just like the rest of them it loops underneath the phone to snap. I wish they would make a flip-down (rather than flip-up) case with magnetic shut. That would be the one I'd buy.

I agree with Sarah that it is nice that you can drop it in the cradle to charge or activesync w/o removing the case. That's a plus. All it needs is an aluminum insert to protect the screen from direct blows.

Edit: wait, no belt clip and no camera openning

I like Sena, but the Piel Frama looks more attractive with those two features.
    Last edited by TonyH; 03-09-2005 at 04:20 PM.

XDA III Architect
    TonyH - they do have an option of buying it with a beltclip!! (Its OPTIONAL)

Copied from the website ...

---------------------------------------------

Slim Design
    Magnetic Snap Closure
    Hot-sync thru cradle
    Button Bumpers
    2 Hidden SD card slots
    ULTRA belt-clip (optional)
    1 Multi-purpose pocket
    3 Credit Card Slots
    Headphone jack opening
    Easy access to all buttons
    Easy access to reset
    Top Quality full grain leather
    Easy access to keyboard

-------------------------------------------

With regards to the camera, this case is only for the ones without the camera - as it says on the website!! Sprint - PPC6601 (and not, PPC6600)!!

Regards,
    K
    [a] abort, [r] retry, [g] get a beer!!!

Belt-clip?

I love Sena cases and I had a nice one for my Treo 600. If I was in the market, I'd get one in red.

No more accessories for me though. I'm looking at the i730.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by TonyH
    This one is a nice looking case. But just like the rest of them it loops underneath the phone to snap. I wish they would make a flip-down (rather than flip-up) case with magnetic shut. That would be the one I'd buy.

I agree with Sarah that it is nice that you can drop it in the cradle to charge or activesync w/o removing the case. That's a plus. All it needs is an aluminum insert to protect the screen from direct blows.

Edit: wait, no belt clip and no camera openning

I like Sena, but the Piel Frama looks more attractive with those two features.
    Take a look at Brando's hard leather case. It flips down rather than up, and it protects the phone like no other case I've seen.
    All it takes to make an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Belt-clip?

I love Sena cases and I had a nice one for my Treo 600. If I was in the market, I'd get one in red.

No more accessories for me though. I'm looking at the i730.
    Giving up on the XV6600 already? In this case check out the i830 CDMA/GSM combo PPC world phone. I Don't know when it will hit the market

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000443034567/

Originally posted by mattsmith0622
    Take a look at Brando's hard leather case. It flips down rather than up, and it protects the phone like no other case I've seen.
    That is an awesome case. It looks like a combination hard holster and leather flip-down. Very rugged looking. Okay, this one is on my list. Thanks, Matt.

Originally posted by TonyH
    That is an awesome case. It looks like a combination hard holster and leather flip-down. Very rugged looking. Okay, this one is on my list. Thanks, Matt.
    I have an extra one. PM me your shipping address and I'll mail it out to you.

I hadn't seen the Brando. That is cool. How does the phone stay in place? Friction? How is using the keyboard? Does the cover flip back flat? Can you sync with a cable in the case?
    xv6600, EVDO, itrek, iguidance

the flip folds all the way back. I'll try and post some pictures tonight.

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar
    Sweet. They don't make one for the position of the camera on the CDMA phones do they?
    Just switched from PPC6700 to AT&T Tilt.

I have an extra one. PM me your shipping address and I'll mail it out to you.
    Done. Thanks, Matt.