+ Reply to Thread

Voicemail Dialing Shortcut

I used to have a Kyocera 7135, and thanks to the old board here when it was "smartphonesource.com," had set my voicemail speed dial so that it would call my own cell number, then pause using commas for my message to start, and automatically enter my password, so that when I was driving or whatnot, I did not have to manually punch in # and my password.

For instance, I would set the speed dial to dial (555) 555-5555,,,#xxxx(password), then 1 to listen to messages, by just pushing the speed dial for the voicemail.

I tried this with my xv6600, but it didnt work. I went to settings, then phone, and entered my number, then three commas, then # sign, then password.

When I then go over to the phone screen, and look at my speed dial, it has eliminated the commas, and looks like this: (619) 555-5555#xxxx(password).

So when it dials, it calls my voicemail just fine, but does not automatically enter the # sign or password after the message starts.

I am using the default dialer that came with the phone.

I appreciate any thoughts, and would prefer to do this with the default dialer if possible, but if not, would be grateful for any 3rd party phone apps that would work.

James

Use lower case 'p's instead of commas. This phone dials very quickly so you may need several pauses. For instance, mine is set like this: *86ppppXXXXX#

Where, of course, XXXXX = my password.

From your sig I am assuming you are on verizon. If that is the case you should use *86w#xxxx

I tried doing the *86pppp#xxxx but it never seems to wait long enough.

w is the wait until I push the green button
    p is the automatic pause for a second.

Don't use ,
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Exellent, thanks for the *extremely* quick replies.

I ended up using the "*86pppp#xxxx" rather than the "*86w#xxxx" because the "w" meant pushing another button. Lazy, I guess.

In any event, works great now, thanks again.

James

Now WTF? I have a PPC6600. It has the same dialer, I would assume, but for some reason, "p" and "w" entries in the address book do NOTHING!?!

Can anyone with a PPC verify this?

-BD

BrunDog.

Do you have your tones set to on?