+ Reply to Thread

Scracth on keyboard on new PPC6600

Hey Guys,

I just got a sprint PPC-6600 this past week. One thing I noticed is that there seems to be a vertical scratch or mark at the edge of the keyboard. It looks like its somehow related to the mechanism that allows the screen to slide up. The scratches are vertical lines at the left and right edge of the keyboard. Does anyone else have this on their phone?

Everything else is fine. Should I try to get a replacement? I am still within the first 14 days.

Thanks,
    -n

Administrator
    doubt sprint will replace it due to cosmetic issues... technically the phone works and thats all they will care about...

I have these from the slider mechanism as well. No biggie.
    Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

I believe we all will soon enough.

The slider mechanism has fingers on either side of the KB that slide over the painted surface. Not too smart in my opinion, considering the paint will inevitably wear.

-BD

Ok... if other ppl have this too, I guess I'll live with it.

The phone is great anyway.

Since we are on the subject of cosmetics, how come i see some of these phones BLACK? Is that a difference between Sprint and Verizon? Or is that a European thing?
    Sprint PPC-6601

I think someone had posted in a separate thread a while back that they used either scotch tape or a screen protector...cut a sliver...and inserted that to prevent the keyboard scratches. Not a bad idea...
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.