+ Reply to Thread

Covertec opinions - Case and Screen protectors

I've seen various posts on some Covertec products. How is everyone liking them. I ordered the Covertec case (for the XDA II) and the screen protectors.

The case was a tight fit, but it does fit. Access to the buttons (except power) and it looks nice. The best thing is it doesn't rub against the 6600 like the Rhinoskin case.

The screen protectors seem to be OK also. They appear to be removable, washable, and usable. Has anyone gone through this process? How are they after they've been washed?
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Where did you order the case from?

Everywhere I looked shows on backorder.

-BD

MobilePlanet. Ordered Tuesday, came yesterday. They still show 'Same Day' so they should still have them. You can probably find a cheaper price...but they are extremely reliable...which is why I don't mind paying a premium. HTTP://www.mobileplanet.com

EDIT: And the leather smell on these cases...I keep sniffing it. LOL...I'm sick in the head!
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Full-on Converged
    No such luck on the Covertec from MobilePlanet.
    They now shoe "On Order" and when I called they stated that they will not be back in stock for a week or two.

XDA III Architect
    .. I ordered the Covertec case (for the XDA II) and the ..

Big,

If i am not mistaken, you did say the XDAII case and not the PPC-66xx case.. right?? and if that is the case, then the XDAII Black leather case is available in stock!!

Regards,
    K
    [a] abort, [r] retry, [g] get a beer!!!

No, you want the XDAIII. Model number SX80-01 for black(SX8001 on Mobile Planet). Shows On Order.

-BD

Hey Calhoun:

I currently am holding on using the stock case, which is OK, but it bugs me that I have to put button lock on because the device is constantly waking uo from inappropriate activation of the front four application buttons.

How well does the covertec case prevent these buttons from accidentally being triggered, if at all?

-BD

case available

there are 2 black cases available on ebay! Search pda accessories and then covertec cases xv6600!!!