+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sending video from my pocket pc to the RCA inputs of my in-car dvd player system

I have a dvd player in my car with rca inputs for audio and video. I just figured out how to stream tv to my xv6600 (using orb.com HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and want to send the video (and audio, if possible, but not necessary) to the rca inputs of my car dvd player system. Is there an SDIO card or something that will let me do this?
    Last edited by jcsickz; 03-10-2005 at 06:28 PM.
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

I found an sdio presenter card which is not supported by the 6600 and is also really pricey at $200. http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pr..._From_Your_PDA Anyone know of any others?
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

Good luck, presenter type cards are all you are going to find as this is really not something these devices are ever used for...
    Tom

i think it's time to progress. ev-do is going to change the world. Wouldn't it be awesome to have cable (or digital or satellite) tv in your car? Plus it would be cool being the first person in the world to do this (through a cellphone)

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    I found the Presentation To Go device as well but you needed a composite video output not vga... However, if you use the Presentation To Go device and use an adapter like the one found at this link. you can connect your 6600 to your video inputs in the car.

Good luck... keep us posted on your results. This looks fascinating!

I remember seeing mention of a FM adapter that attached to the headphones slot. That would seem like the best, or at least cheapest solution.
    iPhone 3GS !!

You saw an FM adapter that transmitted VIDEO?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    You saw an FM adapter that transmitted VIDEO?
    ...also I don't think there is any way of getting video to stream from the headphone jack.

The I-Go Pitch Duo would probably be a better solution than the Margi that takes up the SD card slot. The I-Go leaves the SD slot open so you can use your SD card if you store navigation maps on it.

I-Go Pitch Duo
    E46fanatic

Originally posted by jaderaven
    I found the Presentation To Go device as well but you needed a composite video output not vga... However, if you use the Presentation To Go device and use an adapter like the one found at this link. you can connect your 6600 to your video inputs in the car.

Good luck... keep us posted on your results. This looks fascinating!
    the margi presenter to go device does not support the 6600 at this time. has anyone tested it? also, I think I found some vga to rca cables which would be cheaper than that converter

Originally posted by vandoc
    The I-Go Pitch Duo would probably be a better solution than the Margi that takes up the SD card slot. The I-Go leaves the SD slot open so you can use your SD card if you store navigation maps on it.

I-Go Pitch Duo
    cool product, but their site sucks. I had to look at a freaking .pdf just to find out what kind of output the thing had. The bluetooth thing is a great idea. It doesn't come with a dc adapter either which sucks. Anyways its really expensive as well at $279. There has got to be a cheaper solution out there.

Oops didnt read the initial thread thoroughly!
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Oops didnt read the initial thread thoroughly!

It quite ok! We are all here to help. It is your enthusiasm that counts anyway.

I hope you did not mind the little bit-o-fun we had at your expense.

Just found this device. It has video/vga out... plus a CF slot.

It says it is for the xdaII however, the guys at the XDA developers site say it works on their xda III's.

Holy crap they have a compactflash dock that works for the 6600? I wasn't aware they had the same exact footprint. This is interesting...
    Tom

I wonder why I can't find that item on expansys' usa site. I did a google search for "AHTXDAVN" (the model number I guess) and a couple other sites had it as well. Looks like it's pretty much the only option.
    Last edited by jcsickz; 03-13-2005 at 08:28 AM.

Originally posted by jaderaven
    It quite ok! We are all here to help. It is your enthusiasm that counts anyway.

I hope you did not mind the little bit-o-fun we had at your expense.
    Not at all, had a good laugh myself. I am curious on this topic as well though, I have a navi system in my car that has RCA type inputs and since the car display resolutions are usually much too low for CarPC's hooking up a PPC may be a better solution.

I'd love to know more about this backpack and the 6600; I have a bunch of CF cards left over from my iPAQ days.
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Me, too! I'm thinking I can use it to upload pics off my camera's CF card to a website while on vacation/etc., and there are some pretty big CF cards and micro-drives on the market now (I think I saw 8GB announced somewhere).

What's the upload w/ EVDO, anyway? I'm planning on getting my money's worth for that $45/mo!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

one other little plus to this backback card is it has its own secondary extended battery.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon