+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

plastic "brando like" case

There doesn't seem to be a case out there that I am happy to call my own.

I would like a case like the Brando cases but not a metal model- but in plastic-but not so extreme like the Otter cases.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: plastic "brando like" case

Originally posted by buff
    I would like a case like the Brando cases but not a metal model- but in plastic-but not so extreme like the Otter cases.
    Plastic?????? The Brando is hard plastic wrapped in leather. It is not metal.

See the attached photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plastic "brando like" case-brando-case-1.jpg  

PPC6600 ROM=1.36.00 Ext=1.36.113 MannieBothans's Avatar

Re: Re: plastic "brando like" case

Originally posted by TonyH
    Plastic?????? The Brando is hard plastic wrapped in leather. It is not metal.
    Finally a case with a cut-out that will help me hear the phone ring

Can someone who owns a version with the camera placed as shown in that picture tell me-- is the actual lens of the camera on that phone in the same place as the lens on the PPC-6600?

The only thing I don't like about that case is the fact it looks like it would be impossible to use the extended battery in it.
    Just switched from PPC6700 to AT&T Tilt.

Link for that case, please!

-BD

shop.brando.com.hk/bwxdaIIsleatherhardcase.php

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...570#post312570

Originally posted by BrunDog

-BD

Originally posted by BrunDog

-BD
    http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwxdaIIsleatherhardcase.php

Manni, I only did that to make the link clickable. I know you got the right address.

IN that picture, the "mirror" is to the side of the lens, on my 6600, the lens, mirror and flash are all stacked on each other...what gives?
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

You're right. It doesn't line up with the PPC6600 Camera stuff.

That particular case is for Models :
    O2xda IIs
    i-Mate PDA2k
    Qtek 9090

Hey, I've got another on of these Brando Hard Leather Cases that I don't need/want anymore. I'm willing to trade it for one of the Siemens fixed-clip belt cases (the ones that ship with the Siemens SX66) as long as it's brand new. PM me if anyone is interested.

By the way TonyH, thanks for sending the case. It's great!
    All it takes to make an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

I would love one of those........... gonna have to get in line it looks like!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

What ships with the Siemens'?

Originally posted by mattsmith0622
    Hey, I've got another on of these Brando Hard Leather Cases that I don't need/want anymore. I'm willing to trade it for one of the Siemens fixed-clip belt cases (the ones that ship with the Siemens SX66) as long as it's brand new. PM me if anyone is interested.

By the way TonyH, thanks for sending the case. It's great!
    I presume this is different than the fixed clip horizontal ballistic and leather case that ships with the PPC-6600?

Last edited by MannieBothans; 03-17-2005 at 01:47 PM.

That's exactly the case I'm talking about. If you've got a new one of those, I'll trade it for a new Brando.

I've used mine for a few weeks...

I just sent you an e-mail about mine, but it is probably more forum appropriate to continue at http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...763#post315763
    Last edited by MannieBothans; 03-17-2005 at 03:47 PM.

From DFW but traveling 220 day out of the year. Second home at La Quinta Inn and Suites
    I got a brand new stock case like the one pictured above. I can trade with you if would like. its stil in the plastic.
    let me know.
    thanks
    scott
    Last edited by racer 13b; 03-17-2005 at 07:45 PM.

Originally posted by racer 13b
    I got a brand new stock case like the one pictured above. I can trade with you if would like. its stil in the plastic.
    let me know.
    thanks
    scott
    Scott, send me a PM with your address. I've got one last Brando (TonyH and btrcp2000 got the other ones) and I'll for sure trade you for your case.

Matt

I like this brando case but I can't find a review on the thing.
    actual user review.

Is this case any good???

I just got the Brando today. Overall, I like it except for one MAJOR issue. I use the belt clip but the brando version is a real pain to use. It is a molded plastic hook rather than a spring loaded clip. Almost impossible to put on one-handed. You have to pull the hook out and then put it on. I inquired about a different belt clip and they said there is no other option.

Other than that, I like the crush resistance. My Piel Frama was always getting squished by my lap belt. I don't think either would do much to protect from a side/corner impact.

Having the speaker exposed is a real plus too. The Piel muffled rings pretty bad. Slightly thicker than the Piel but not too noticeable on my hip.
    xv6600, EVDO, itrek, iguidance

Originally posted by juandoe
    I just got the Brando today. Overall, I like it except for one MAJOR issue. I use the belt clip but the brando version is a real pain to use. It is a molded plastic hook rather than a spring loaded clip. Almost impossible to put on one-handed. You have to pull the hook out and then put it on. I inquired about a different belt clip and they said there is no other option.

Other than that, I like the crush resistance. My Piel Frama was always getting squished by my lap belt. I don't think either would do much to protect from a side/corner impact.

Having the speaker exposed is a real plus too. The Piel muffled rings pretty bad. Slightly thicker than the Piel but not too noticeable on my hip.
    What i did was went and got a universal belt clip, went to the hardware store like lowes or home depot and bought a screw that fit the the back of the case, drilled a hole in the universal clip and now i have one that I like...
    Sprint PPC-6601

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Okay ... I have the Brando case ... I use the 2200 battery in it .. fits fine ... the camera alignment on the XV6600 is different from the PDA2K ... but ... the flash and lens line up with openings ... the mirror is behind leather over plastic ... but I don't take pics of me anyway ... LOL ... as for the belt hook ... it does bite ... I took a Kruesell spring clip and a screw that fits the brando case and voila ... the clip works great on my belt ... pants without belt ... or ... the holder mounted in my truck or on my motorcycle ... I like this case for evenings and weekends ... a little classier than my work case which is a Kruesell classic PDA case for a MDAII ... modified of course ... LOL ... to allow everything to work

Fuzzy
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

I've been wanting to try a Krusell but I can't find my Krusell clip from my old P800 case. Does the Krusell fit with the Brando screw or did you find a new one?
    xv6600, EVDO, itrek, iguidance