+ Reply to Thread

The 6600 is “dinged”. What would you do?

The only guidance that Audiovox has offered is what address to send my slightly damaged 6600 to. They say that the phone is “too new” to be able to tell me how much or how long for a repair. Has anyone had to send their 6600 in for repairs?

The phone experienced its second fall from my belt. A Covertec incident that I accept full responsibility for. One of the three tabs that are attached to the speaker cover is now detached and there are some scratches around it. The phone has another minor scratch from a previous fall. It otherwise seems to be working fine.

Right now my options are to:

1) Send the phone to Audiovox and hope it doesn’t cost a fortune to have the front half of the case replaced along with a possible speaker replacement.
    2) Sell it as is.
    3) Keep it for spare parts.

4) Get over it, it will be scratched eventually and you will likely drop it again.

-BD

I agree. It is really hard to keep these things in mint condition. I would only send it in if there was something broken (hardware wise) that affected the performance.

Originally posted by BrunDog
    4) Get over it, it will be scratched eventually and you will likely drop it again.

-BD
    I appreciate your suggestion but I have already decided against the choice that you have recommended. Hence my questions.

I realize that some of us are wired diferently and can live with such things. I'm o.k. with that. Unfortunately I am not wired that way. That's why when my stuff makes it to Ebay it is used but in mint condition. That is also why I already have another new phone, and am trying to figure out what to do with the one that's two months old and in need of minor repairs.

Smoothie, amongst the 3 option you left yourself with I would choose (2) sell it as is.

Keep it for spare parts? I took apart many PDA's and cell phones in my tech days. They are a nightmare to work with.

Insurance!

Originally posted by robber
    Insurance!
    A point well made. The new one has it.