+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth Bug?

Bluetooth Bug?

I have the PPC-6600 Sprint with the latest ROM upgraded yesterday and I have itrek GPS and iguidance software, when i start iguidance software and turn on my bluetooth GPS i get the bluetooth brower that makes me select BT GPS and there is a box that I check that is "always use the selected device" but no matter what it is not saving this information, so everytime I start my iguidance software I get this screen (it is no remembering that it is BT GPS)

Sprint says it is just a bug in the system and wont be fixed till newer BT stacks come out in the future. I have also gone into Bluetooth settings, services, serial port, advanced and have checked and unchecked the boxes in there hoping it would save the information thus saving me time.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like it may be more in the software, but who knows. I have a pharos bluetooth GPS and when I fire up the corresponding mapping software, on the first go I also got the "always use the selected device" option, which I checked. My mapping software seems to remember this with no problem. This is on a PPC6600.
    iPhone 3GS !!

thanks, anyone else that is using iguidance having this issue?

Sickwidit
    I just tried with iguidance and mines connects without a prompt. I know the first time I setup the gps I had the bluetooth device screen come up twice and on each one you had to check the box then click on the gps device.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

i have uninstalled and reinstalled iguiadance v2.01 and i still have the same issue

Sickwidit
    I'm running version 1.x over here, maybe it's something with that version.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?