+ Reply to Thread

New to the forum..Have a question...

Hi all. Been reading this forum for help and found it very helpful indeed. Currently I am using a XV6600WOC and upgraded to the latest roms.

I have a very strange problem. My power button and my ok button does not seem to work since today. I can power up the pda but cannot power down the pda with the power button. My okay button has stop closing apps.

Anyone else exprience this problem.

The okay button does not stop applications. It simply moves them to the background. Are you saying when you press the ok button or tap the tiny OK in the upper right of the screen that does not happen? You don't get the today screen when you do it?
    If so, then your device is hung up, and you need to soft reset, and if that doesn't cure it, then hard reset.

If I tap the tiny OK in the upper right corner it returns me to my previous app or to the TODAY screen, but the okay button does nothing now. I checked the buttons control panel and comfirm the okay button is set for ok/close.

Ihave tried both a soft reset and a hard reset but still have the same problem. Both the power button and OK button still not working.

Originally posted by TonyH
    The okay button does not stop applications. It simply moves them to the background. Are you saying when you press the ok button or tap the tiny OK in the upper right of the screen that does not happen? You don't get the today screen when you do it?
    If so, then your device is hung up, and you need to soft reset, and if that doesn't cure it, then hard reset.

This only leads me to think the okay button is mis-mapped.

start>settings>buttons

see what button 6 is set for. That should be the -ok/close- button

I just checked and it is not mis-mapped. Its just strange. I guess I should just give in and call Verizon.

This only leads me to think the okay button is mis-mapped.

start>settings>buttons

see what button 6 is set for. That should be the -ok/close- button

Yes, I am out of ideas at this point. Could be a switch gone bad. Give them a call.

Very much appreciate the help thou. This forum has been a great help since day one of my XV6600.

Yes, I am out of ideas at this point. Could be a switch gone bad. Give them a call.

What apps are you running. Apps like SPB Plus (depending on options) can cause problems.

I just hard reset last night. But I only really ran the built in apps and Sprite Backup. Even after the hard reset the problem is still here.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    What apps are you running. Apps like SPB Plus (depending on options) can cause problems.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If it's there after hard reset (hold down power while pushing in reset pin) then it's a hardware problem.

E

Just finished a call to VERIZON tech support and they will be sending a new one to me ASAP. Thanks for everyones help.

Can't send out e-mail

I can get e-mails but when I send them out then they just come back as undeliverable, I get an error message from the "system administrator" saying invalid message format and then it get placed in the drafts folder? Does anyone have an idea?