+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Way to Exchange XV6600woc for camera version?

Hey, has anyone been able to exchange their XV6600woc for the camera version without having to return their woc and buy the camera version?

I'll take your XV6600 and give you my new PPC6600 with camera, but you continue to pay Verizon and I pay sprint bills

Seriously, how old is your XV6600? If less than two weeks, you should be able to exchange it easily. If slightly more than the trial period then they will, but only if you're having problems.

I bought mine last Tuesday should have till the 24th to exchange or return. When will the Cam VErsion be available?

haha ive had mine for about 3 months now...im more than happy with mine at the moment, i was just curious to see if any vzw customers were able to do this.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Sure, VZW will happily exchange it. You just have to pay $649 shipping.

E

sprint has the 6600 out now

Originally posted by pheonix
    I bought mine last Tuesday should have till the 24th to exchange or return. When will the Cam VErsion be available?
    If you were asking about the sprint 6600, that one is out now. Here's the page:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Ph...=1111257045810

i made a pdf print out of the page and attached it to this posting.
    Attached Files

verizon hompage have the camera version now. i can't trade cause mine is little of 30 days...dang it...

g35mt

I have seen the camera version available on VZW's website but called and they says its not avail. Anyone know where I can get one? And if not, when is it gonna be available.

The XV600 w/ CAM is available through Verizon, several people from the board, including myself, have purchased them.

Personally, I went through my corporate rep to get it, and received it last Monday. I had previously ordered the WOC version, but exchanged it before my 15 day trial period ended, so the switch didnt cost me anything.

If you are having a hard time getting a regular Verizon rep to sell you the CAM version, I would suggest trying to go through a corporate rep if possible.

James

try to log on verizon homepage using this zip code (92844). I think it depend on the zip code or the market area you reside.

g35mt

Is the camera all that great? I still haven't seen anyone post pictures indincating it's quality but then again I haven't been looking for 'em either :p

Attached is a copy a picture I took outdoors on Saturday of my nephew.

Everyone is right, this camera will never replace your 4-5 megapixel stand-alone, but its good for quick capture and particularly for the photo caller-id feature with the phonelock program available elsewhere on this site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Way to Exchange XV6600woc for camera version?-image_00005.jpg  

do either the xv6600woc or w/ camera include speaker phone, the website for verizon isn't clear?

thanks
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Both versions have speakerphones.

Some complain that the speaker volume is not loud enough, but I have never had a problem.

James

I played with one briefly in the store, the ringer wasn't too loud but I could deal with it. Do I understand right that you can put a wav/mp3 in the windows/rings folder and make your own ring?
    Thanks

Yep, you can make any .wav or .mp3 file a ringer.

Also, if you search the threads here, there are several rings tones available for download which are quite loud.

Several helpful members took existing rings that were pre-loaded on the phone, and did something to make them louder. I have used a couple and they work great.

@jgriffithslaw

You have the camera version of the xv6600 right? Must you 'send' pictures using verizon's service or can they be saved to the device and accessed when you sync it w/ the PC to put them say, on the PC?
    Thanks

They are saved to the device and available through sync.

To be honest, I dont even know how to send them via Verizon's service, and I think if I wanted to I would have to sign up for a monthly "Picture Messaging" plan that I have no interest in.

With the data plan and the XV6600, I can also simply email any pics I take to someone as well.

I'm not even doing the verizon data plan, I'm just doing voice, i'll have it eat up minutes for the rare times I need data. Then I can sync pictures I take, Awesome

jgriffithslaw you are the best
    Thanks

Just got off the phone with a very helpfull verizon rep. Got my woc 2/28/05. Told them how I wanted to get the version with a camera and how I wish I had known they were going to have it. After a few minutes of talking, he put me on hold and spoke with his supervisor. They must have noticed that we bill out like $300 a month and told me that they will swap it out.

I have it coming Thursday AM priority mail.

Now here's the question....

If I make a backup of my woc using sprite backup with the exe method, I should be able to restore onto the camera version right? I heard these are shipping with the upgrade already.

Just wondering.

Fred
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.