+ Reply to Thread

Wierd VC 1.5 behavior

OK, I've been on new ROM with VC 1.5 and the HBH-300 and everything has been fine for a couple weeks.

I have been playing with 2 other browsers recently. Each of these browsers have little quirks that they can get hung. Not that often and when they do I simply soft reset. When not using these I would not expect any interference with other functions since they are not hooked in to the deveice drivers etc.

But all of a sudden VC 1.5 flaked out. It's as if it could not hear me. This had happened once before on the old ROM. Even after a soft reset it still does not work (that's when I had post the thread on VC 1.5 and bluetooth conflict). It's as if the mic gain is low.

One other tid bit, the headset was about 20 feet away (just out of range). Not sure is BlueTooth was straining to contact the headset.

So then I shut off Bluetooth and VC 1.5 came partially back (without even soft reseting. it recovered). Then I soft reset with Bluetooth off and VC 1.5 was completely back. Then I turned bluetooth back on and everything still worked. Soft reset with bluetooth on and everything is back to normal.

One other thing that happened today that I think is related. When using Voice Command the the output volume was suddenly low. But when I turned the volume up it would not get any louder. After I had volume all the way up and soft reset volume on VC was normal again.

So the bottom line is, why does history matter prior to a soft reset !!!! The phone is exactly setup the way it was when I first encountered the problem.

Re: Wierd VC 1.5 behavior

Originally posted by mswlogo
    One other thing that happened today that I think is related. When using Voice Command the the output volume was suddenly low. But when I turned the volume up it would not get any louder. After I had volume all the way up and soft reset volume on VC was normal again.
    I have this same behavior (PPC-6601, ROM 3500, Akono HBH-300). Soft reset was necessary to restore VC volume level. No idea why this happens, but it never happened before I started to use Bluetooth.
    Sprint PPC-6601, ROM 3500, Akono HBH-300

I have the exact same issues with the VC . Man this thing is buggy!!!!
    Verizon xv6600

It seems inconsistent when this low volume happens. Sometimes it seems random to me.

There is one thing I know that will set off the behavior of low volume. If you hit the vc activation then hit the bluetooth headset answer button, it will take the input from the mic of the bluetooth but the sound coming out of the phone is at a level that is for the headset - hence it seems like the volume is low.

Maybe your headset activation button was being depressed by something?

Again I have seen it where the headset was on my head and I'm almost positive that I didn't hit the button. In that mode the volume never came back until a soft reset.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

maybe someone should pm xxyyzz as he's part of the vc development team

I did.

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    If you hit the vc activation then hit the bluetooth headset answer button, it will take the input from the mic of the bluetooth but the sound coming out of the phone is at a level that is for the headset - hence it seems like the volume is low.

I couldn't have explained it better, Ivan. Thank you. VC seems to think it's in the headset mode, but outputs at the phone speaker.

Voice Command V1.5 Issues

I have VC 1.5 installed on my sd card. Of course it worked fine for about a day, now, whenever I try to use it by hitting the calender button, it just beeps, and not the beep that indicates it's ready to accept a command.

Is this due to it being installed on the sd card? If so, how can I move it to the device without having to reinstall?

Thanks.

I don't know if it's worth the time needed to try to "move" it (even if it were possible). What's the problem with just uninstalling it from the card and reinstalling it to the device. That's the correct procedure to follow.

Dan

Ok, I uninstalled/reinstalled. I was more interested in knowing if running from the SD card was the problem. I'll test it this way for a couple of days and see if I'm still having the same issues. Thanks.

OK so I was playing around because VC was having trouble hearing me today in my car. With the logitech mobile freedom headset - I hit the button on the logitech, hit VC - then the command is picked up through the logitech mic. This is good because VC stopped having problems hearing me. This was bad because I couldn't hear VC's reply.

So I can hit the multi-function button on the logitech either before or after hitting the VC button on the PPC and it will pick up sound from the logitech mic and reply with that "soft volume" problem. At some point the volume does come back. Haven't figured out what that point is yet.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I could never hear VC 1.5 in my car unless I hold the phone to my ear. This is regardless of whether I use the BT headset to issue the command.

At one time I had the system sound volume in the off position (min), and the phone volume maxed out. VC 1.5 was loud enough. But then without me noticing under what conditions, it reverted back to its low volume self.

Need more volume, damn it!!!!

Also, this is strange with VC 1.5-- The contacts and calendar are reversed, even though in the buttons setting list they appear to be correct. I press button 1 and get calendar, even though the list says "contacts." I press button 2 and I get contacts, even though the setting says "calendar."

So I fooled it by switching the button settings. Now the setting says button 1 is for calendar but actually brings up contacts, as it should.

Originally posted by Z1truth
    I have the exact same issues with the VC . Man this thing is buggy!!!!
    LOL!!!!! Buggy buggy buggy!!!!!

Same thing here, but when it happened to me I didn't even have a BT headset, what I did have was a BT GPS receiver. I was outside about 30 feet from my car, trying to show a friend how well VC worked, and everytime I gave it a command it would do nothing at all, I looked like an ass haha.