+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PPC-6600 Keeps Waking Up

OK, is my PPC-6600 possessed?

I have noticed that my 6600 (Sprint) keeps coming on by itself every few minutes for no apparent reason. First I thought it was doing this for e-mail, but I have only one account that is set to pull e-mail and that is only every 60 minutes. Even if I shut down vision (and Bluetooth is off), it comes on and doesn't do anything (it does not connect to Vision) so I don't know what it is trying to do or why. I haven't tried turning off the phone, but I don't look at that as a viable solution.

I have not done the update that is on the Audiovox website. I don’t know if that would fix it.

Has anyone else noticed this? It is a pain because if it is in the carrying pouch, it will not turn off because of the pressure on the screen and it kills my battery.

Thanks,
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

What apps have you installed ?

Also just disable the email and dont have it get email automatic.

Originally posted by ElCamino
    What apps have you installed ?

Also just disable the email and dont have it get email automatic.
    Thanks for your help.

I don't have anything installed that should be coming to life. I just have Spb Pocket Plus, Sprint BC (but it happens even when my computer at work isn't on, so it shouldn't be trying to sync wirelessly. Besides, it isn't connecting to Vision, so I don't think that is it.) and Sprite backup are in memory and Mobile PDR and Mapopolis are on my SD card.

I will try and disable e-mail, but like I said, it isn't trying to connect to Vision, so I don't think that is it.

Thanks again,
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

Try to see if there is any settings for Mobile PDR because this program updates when you do the ActiveSync but maybe for some reason it tries to connect, so it makes your phone turn on. Also the other program is the Sprint BC if for some reason the BC sends a signal to your phone it will trigger it to turn on. I use to use the Sprint BC but gave up on it because to much problems, now what I did was have the online Sprint email send me a text when I get a email then I just download the email when I get the text saying there is a email.

SPB Pocket Plus keeps updating your battery gauge status and other things. If you disable some of the icons, particulary the main and backup battery gauges I think you won't see these unwanted wakeups.

Do you leave BT on?

Is Sprite set to automatically do backups at certain times?

Both these can power up the device at random times. I use superdaves phonelock to turn it back off and save battery. Used to happen to my i700 all the time as well.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Good point about spb and the battery. I will give that a try. I do have Sprite to auto backup, but it's around 3 AM and I don't leave Bluetooth on.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will give it a try. Is anyone else seeing this problem, or am I the only one?

Thanks again,
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

SPB battery monitor does not turn mine on. I leave Today screen off.

I found that Sprite auto-backups cause ppcs to do random power ups. I needed to disable it.

I have the same exact issue. Just turns on all the time.
    No rhyme or reason.
    No wonder the battery drains so quick.

I think the best thing to do at thispoint is to hard reset and don't install anything and use the phone for a Couple days and see if you still have the same problem. If you do then call to have it Changed or take it to nearest Sprint store.then only time II had this problem was on the 6601 and that was because of the Bluetooth.

On your calender, do you have alerts on or off? If they are on, they will wake up the PDA. My first PPC would go dead all the time til I figured out to turn off alerts when I put a entry in.

Just one of the few things that will do it..

Sickwidit
    On the device open activesync and tap Tools>Options and uncheck "Use mobile schedule to sync with this computer"
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

Sprite has a battery monitor....is that installed. That kick starts the phone every hour or so.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Both Sprite and Pocket Plus have battery monitors, memory usage monitors, Storage capacity monitors. I think It's best to do away with all these icons that keep updating your screen on a periodic basis.

Wow, lots of great suggestions. I will give them a try and see what happen and report back.

Thanks everyone.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

I have never had pocket plus wake my device up. I have had Sprite with scheduled backups and bluetooth wake it up.

Pocket Plus doesn't wake mine up either.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Red face Phone waking up for no reason!

Ok, so I have had this phone for a couple days now and have had very few gripes with it. The biggest problem I am having right now is when I put my phone in the cradle to sync & charge overnight I keep waking up and seeing that the phone is on. I have no idea what is turning the phone on but I am very worried about this killing my screen with burn in.

There are no reminders or announcements on my screen that would lead me to believe there is a reason for the phone to be on.

In addition, I always put the phone in flight mode when I charge and ActiveSync is set to only sync manually.

PLEASE HELP!!!

AdamR

This is Windows polling USB ports most likely.

Go into ActiveSync, click File -> Connection Settings, and uncheck
    "Allow USB connection with this desktop" and it will stop.

Just remember to re-enable it when you want to perform ActiveSync.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD