+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

anyone try the new itech bt stereo headset?

i see the new itech bt stereo headset is out on ebay. (haven't found it anywhere else). has anyone seen one to know if its worth getting? i figure it has to be better than the jabra bt250.

Forever Confused
    I ordered one (stereo clip) but it hasn't come yet. They say that BT 1.1 won't send the stereo audio, but others have has gotten it to work with the HTC platform. So I figure for $70 it's worth a try.

please let me know how it works. i thought the headser said 1.2. i know the bt audio patch is around to load on the phone if i have too.

WOW... that is really really cool. It's a bit cheaper than the HP, and looks like it allows you to use your own headphones. Plus, it works with HSF and HST profiles (there's a mic in the clip) so you can take calls with it while you're listening to tunes!

The only thing I see lacking on this device is the play/pause, track fwd, and track back buttons that the HP has.

It should work on our Harrier/Blue Angel devices since they support A2DP via the patch released a couple months ago. Bluetooth 1.2 is backwards compatible with 1.1 so we should be OK.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this. I've been waiting for some kind of deal on the HPs, but the headset crack issues as well as the bulk and lack of HSF functions put me off.

Here is a link to the ebay seller:

eBay

Here is a link to the manufacturer's site:
    iTech

Finally, a link to the user manual in PDF:
    Manual

Dan

Edit: Actually, after a thorough read of the manual, it looks like you can't substitute your own headphones. For one, the MF button is located on one side of the included earphones. The other side is detachable for when you just want to use the device as a phone headset with HSF or HST. When you want to use A2DP you plug in the other side to get stereo. A nice touch, although it would have been better to allow people to use their own headphones (which may still be possible--but the manual doesn't say anything about it).
    Last edited by luv2chill; 03-13-2005 at 07:59 PM.

How do we know for sure any Harrier device (PPC/XV) supports A2DP?

-BD

Contorted
    This seems like the solution for me. I honestly feel dumb whearing a bluetooth headset. My wife says I look like a borg.

As soon as someone confirms this works with our phone both as a stereo headset and for calls I am on this.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Anxious to get a reveiw from a 6600 user!

Forever Confused
    The company on ebay had some issues with paypal (nothing dealing with me) that they had to take care of. But They are expressing mine out this next week. I figure for $70 even if they don't work with my phone (which i hope they do), they'd make a sweet setup for my home computer.

I just ordered one. I'm crossing my fingers this does the trick. The only thing missing from my XV has been the ability to bluetooth audiobooks. We'll see!

If it works, please let everyone know! I use Audible and hate having to be tethered.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I just received this from the eBay seller:

Dear Customer,

Today, we have received an update from the Manufacturer regarding the compability of the Bluetooth Stereo Headset which you have purchased.
    This headset is not able to listen to music played by Mobile Phone or PDA unless the Mobile Phone or PDA supports Bluetooth v1.2 (not v1.1) and the media player program itself is able to channel the audio output via Bluetooth.

We have tested the headset with Treo650 and no music could be heard via the headset, although it functions normally like a general headset (since Treo650 does not support Bluetooth v1.2)

In this case, please double check your phone or PDA bluetooth specifications and make sure it is in v1.2. And for those who would like to carry out a refund, please feel free to email us at econsign@gmail.com

We need your confirmation before we could ship the product to you, please reply at your convenience.

Regards,
    Asia Direct Sales
    Cancel it or take chance?

It should work. The headphone BT update from Broadcomm includes the A2DP profile, which is only included it BT 1.2.

I would think that Media Player would not play through BT audio, but apparantly people ARE successfully listening to tunes through the HP phones.

Go for it, let us know if it works well.

-BD

I bet it will work. The reason they say you need 1.2 is that 1.2 includes the A2DP profile, whereas most 1.1 stacks don't. We are truly fortunate that whoever it was leaked those profiles for our 6600s...

The reason it doesn't work with the Treo 650 is that the Treo doesn't have the A2DP profile in its stack! But we do... yet another reason that the 6600 is much more capable than the Treo.

BrunDog is correct in saying that Media Player will not play through the HSP (Headset Profile) or HFP (Handsfree Profile) because those profiles were designed with the sole intent of shuttling low-quality phone audio to an earpiece.

However, A2DP is a totally different beast. It was designed specifically to send high-quality stereo sound to a pair of wireless headphones. In turn, it will not carry phone conversations because that's what HSP and HFP are for.

The beauty of this itech device is that it supports HSP and HFP for phone conversations as well as A2DP for high quality stereo listening. If a call comes in while you're listening to music, A2DP pauses playback and the headset switches to HFP to allow you to take the call. Once you've ended the call, it switches back to A2DP so you can resume rocking out.

Dan
    Last edited by luv2chill; 03-22-2005 at 01:57 AM.

Originally posted by luv2chill
    WOW... that is really really cool. It's a bit cheaper than the HP, and looks like it allows you to use your own headphones. Plus, it works with HSF and HST profiles (there's a mic in the clip) so you can take calls with it while you're listening to tunes!

The only thing I see lacking on this device is the play/pause, track fwd, and track back buttons that the HP has.

It should work on our Harrier/Blue Angel devices since they support A2DP via the patch released a couple months ago. Bluetooth 1.2 is backwards compatible with 1.1 so we should be OK.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this. I've been waiting for some kind of deal on the HPs, but the headset crack issues as well as the bulk and lack of HSF functions put me off.

Here is a link to the ebay seller:

eBay

Here is a link to the manufacturer's site:
    iTech

Finally, a link to the user manual in PDF:
    Manual

Dan

Edit: Actually, after a thorough read of the manual, it looks like you can't substitute your own headphones. For one, the MF button is located on one side of the included earphones. The other side is detachable for when you just want to use the device as a phone headset with HSF or HST. When you want to use A2DP you plug in the other side to get stereo. A nice touch, although it would have been better to allow people to use their own headphones (which may still be possible--but the manual doesn't say anything about it).

looking at the manual it appears you can only remove one earbud so you would not be able to use your own headset

Forever Confused
    That's because the hard wired ear piece has the MFB on it. I guess if you know what you're doing and have what it takes. You could always change them out for something else.

Originally posted by beanDawg
    looking at the manual it appears you can only remove one earbud so you would not be able to use your own headset
    right... see the edit to my post.

Dan

Originally posted by BrunDog
    It should work. The headphone BT update from Broadcomm includes the A2DP profile, which is only included it BT 1.2.

I would think that Media Player would not play through BT audio, but apparantly people ARE successfully listening to tunes through the HP phones.

Go for it, let us know if it works well.

-BD
    I have the HP headphones and they work fine. All music players work with the headphones. With Mediaplayer, the forward and back buttons do not work on mine. When pressed they pause and play. With other music players, the buttons do not work.

Contorted
    Anyone recieve theirs yet???

Dying to know if they work.....

Originally posted by rkel
    I have the HP headphones and they work fine. All music players work with the headphones. With Mediaplayer, the forward and back buttons do not work on mine. When pressed they pause and play. With other music players, the buttons do not work.
    Hmmm... rkel you might want to try to mess around with it some, because the fwd/rev buttons are supposed to work in Windows Media Player (as well as the Play/Pause button). I know of at least two people on this board (SpineDoc is one) who say that all of the buttons work just fine with WMP. I'm not sure if they work with other programs, but if they don't I'm not surprised.

tabbs: I feel your pain! I, too, am finding it hard to be patient! Every night I'm working out with my wired earbuds and the cords are driving me crazy! I am tempted to just go for the HP model since it's known to work and has the WMP control buttons.

But in all honesty I would prefer earbuds. The ability to act as a phone headset is totally secondary for me... I'm not likely to answer the phone while on the treadmill anyway, and I'm not the type of person that walks around listening to music over earphones all day. Still, I won't turn down extra functionality, especially since these are far cheaper than the competitors (iZon and iPhono--both $200).

A year from now, I bet there will be a lot of really cool options for A2DP headphones (unless wireless USB has already killed BT by then... it will happen eventually). It's frustrating being an early adopter sometimes!

Dan

Hang in there guys and gals. Mine are supposedly on the way. I will post a full review once they arrive and I've exercised them a bit.

I posted this a few days ago, and didn't get any comments, but figured I'd re-post the link here, since there seems to be alot of people interested in BT headphones here:

BT MP3 Player Headset/Headphones
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast