+ Reply to Thread

Angry XV6600 firmware update completly crashes phone, DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!

My co worker and I both have the XV6600 for Verizon Wireless and tried to download the firmware update from the Audiovox website. We followed the instructions fully and it crashed both of our phones. Verizon Wireless is now having to send us new phones due to this issue. Here is the actual file name that will cause the phone to crash. Please do not download this file unless you want to replace your XV660: HA_VZW_13500_115_01140_WOC

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The update is fine. The filename is fine.

It worked just fine on my phone. It's mirrored at http://www.myehud.com/xv6600

There were two people who originally had the upgrade hang, but moving to a new USB port fixed their phones. Perhaps that would work for you and your co-worker.

Hopefully something here will be helpful to you, as I have no doubt that you meant to be helpful by suggesting that the upgrade file is a problem... which it is not.

Ehud

The update worked fine on my unit as well.
    All it takes to make an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

if your phone is stuck at the white usb screen it can be recovered. i had a similar problem and it worked after trying again.

My PPc-6601 got stuck too and I simply re-tried and it picked up where it left off.

Must of gotten stuck at the part where you have to disconnec and reconnect the phone. The update works fine.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Geek
    worked fine for me as well...sounds like a possible bad download?
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

Shutdown the PC.. reboot.

Try again. As long as the PDA is stuck at the 'usb' boot screen, you're ok.

If it failed half way through, then you may be in trouble.

btf

You gotta admit both Audiovox and Siemens documentation sucks big time, and that's why people who experience this panic and think their units are dead for good. This happened on every one of the phones I updated. Trying the update a second time always works.

Two questions, was your cradle running throught a USB hub? And secondly, do you have the AC Adapter plugged into your cradle?

I bought a USB hub the other day so that I could move my cradle to the other side of my desk, it also came with 12-in1 type card readers. Anyways, I plugged the USB adapter in without the supplied power cord, because it can get power from the computer. The cradle wouldnt work until I gave the USB its own power source.

worked fine for me too!
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Originally posted by johnnye
    Two questions, was your cradle running throught a USB hub? And secondly, do you have the AC Adapter plugged into your cradle?

I bought a USB hub the other day so that I could move my cradle to the other side of my desk, it also came with 12-in1 type card readers. Anyways, I plugged the USB adapter in without the supplied power cord, because it can get power from the computer. The cradle wouldnt work until I gave the USB its own power source.
    I get your point about connecting through a USB hub, and without the AC adapter plugged into the Audiovox USB cradle, but why would it ALWAYS fail on the first attempt, and ALWAYS work on the second attempt under the same conditions?

I connect through a 4-port USB hub which has no optional power line; only powers through the laptop. As for the AC adapter being plugged into the Audiovox USB cradle, I honestly don't recall whether I was or not. I changed 4 phones in the last two months.