+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need java?

Unhappy Need java?

Can someone tell me if there is any way, or what to get to run java scripts on the web. I have forms that work off a Corprate web site and need to be submitted to the server, before i submit the form, it runs a check to see if i entered data in all the fields. I have entered other forms that do not require a check on the fields, and they upload. the xv6600 is the perfect for this, just can't get the forms i really need, to upload. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thank You

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar
    Try Thunderhawk. It submits forms flawlessly.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Tried the trial version of Thunderhawk

I tried the trail version of thunderhawk, and it did not work as far as upload the forms, everything else on it was sweet, do not know if it is limited because it was a trial version, or what. I just bought this PDA and did not know what i was getting myself into, another hobby. Be great just do not have the time.

Try netfront too, I have no idea if it will solve your problem, but it's worth a shot.

Also in NetFront Browser Options, under Helper, check JVLite2. Tell me how it works as I dont know of any java sites offhand.

How do get JVLite2 in there. I reinstalled the version with JVLite2 included and it does not show up under plug-ins or helper.

Not sure what I did as I've been doing so much with this thing lately. Check under your My Documents folder for JVLite2Demo folder, there's documentation in there, couldnt find your answer though.

Here's a screenshot of where I found it for clarification:

I guess the only other thing I didnt specify was make sure "mode:" was set to plugin.

Any other good screen cap programs besides MagicSS, seems to have some issues capturing my today screen/menu.

/edit Also, whats a good site for me to test to see if its even worth it?
    Last edited by johnnye; 03-14-2005 at 12:18 AM.

I'm still running the demo version and I can't seem to get that JVLite2 option to show up. I saw instructions to install jvlite2_setup.exe but I don't know where such a file exists. Is it perhaps because I'm running the demo version.

The two demo kits I have with and without jvlite2 look identical.

P.S. NetFront 3.3 was recently announced but nobody seems to have it yet.

Here's a list of Java VMs/Runtimes:
    http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computin...d/ppcjava.html

I tried CrEme last night, but it still didn't work for the website I've been trying to use (radio.msn.com). If anyone has any luck with any of the others, post here!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

mswlogo,
    I have the full version of NetFront with JVLite2 installed. However, I don't have the technical proficiency to know what it does, or how to test it. I use it for websites that PIE (with the SPB Pocket Plus enhancements) can't handle.
    If there's a particular site I can look at to see whether NetFront JVLite2 handles the flavor of java you need, just let me know.
    Mick

NetFront with JVLite2

I use NetFront with JVLite2 and the java plug-in definitely works. Just enable the plug-in on the screen johnnye posted above. I use it to run a fantasy sports stat tracker on yahoo sports.

I don't believe the demo versions include the Java plug-in (even though one is called NetFront with JVLite2).

I downloaded it

I download netfront. w/ java lite demo and can't find the java lite plug in i'm chomping at the bit to see if this will work for me.

I think tweety is right. I think the "demo" you get for with or with out JavaLite2 does not actually include JavaLite2.

I'll probably just buy the JavaLite2 version (it's only $5.00) more, I already like NetFrint even without the JavaLite2 stuff. JavaLite2 is icing on the cake.

Note also NetFront 3.3 is due any time now.

SCRATCH MY EARLIER POST.

Used to be that MS had a JavaScript enabler thingy in PowerToys, but I can't find it anymore. I also read that PIE now supports it anyway, so I'm not even sure I understand your problem...

If you are getting JScript errors or the script is not executing, you might want to try a different browser...
    Last edited by RICoder; 03-14-2005 at 07:32 PM.

Okay, I give up. I've looked all over the www.pocketpc.com site, found all the powertoys, and can't find anything that says it'll enable javascript. Got a direct link?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

S and K
    RICoder,

Im having a blonde moment as well, I see the powertoys download for Mobile devices. But which program.

Staci

Yeah, I'm looking around and don't see it either. I had this problem on my old G1000 when we were making a mobile app, and you could just grab a thing from MS and JScript worked. I can't find it now...will research and re-post.

I just want to confirm when you buy NetFront with JVLite2 it will display the screen posted above. The demo does not include it.

I would confirm that it does what you want it to first. Do you have a website you can suggest?

I tried www.tiffany.com (searched google for "Javascript required") and with View > Wrap Content, set to disabled, the buttons work but the drop down menus do not. When I set the mode to SmartFit, it breaks out the drop down menus, the whole menu, into seperate columns. It's not scrollable or pretty at all. Justfit is the same as disabled as far as the menus go.

Not sure how to get JVLite2 running, maybe a email to their support is in need.

RICoder said "...I'm not even sure I understand your problem..."

I don't know if this was directed at me, but my issue is if you go to http://radio.msn.com, there are little "+" buttons that expand the catgories. As far as I can tell, these are Javascript, but clicking them in P-IE doesn't work.

If anyone is testing any alternate browsers, can you try that link and let me know if the "+" things work?

Waiting on a stable build of MiniMo...
    -Lee
    Samsung i730