+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation E-mail Audiovox NOW!!! Get BT working right!

Come on gentlemen ...just sent another e-mail to Audiovox...whos with me!!!
    Heres what I sent:

#1:
    The Blue tooth connections need to support MS voice command 1.5 over the BT headsets.
    #2:
    And when incoming calls come into the unit from the "sleep" or "off" mode the Blue Tooth is WAAAAY too slow to respond. It takes 3 to 5 rings before the Blue tooth connects to the headset.
    #3:
    Now...the issue of STATIC.... if the headset is more than 3 feet away there is major static over the headset. Can't go more than 10 feet from phone or it is very very bad reception. What happened to the 30 foot range of blue tooth?
    And it is not the headsets as everyone has been using different headsets on the web forums with the same results!
    #4:
    Understand you are addressing the low earpiece and ringer volume fix. Do you have a E.T.A.?
    We need a resolve to these issues and need to know you are addressing them promptly or we are returning these phones to Verizon.
    If you don't have plans to work on these issues it doesn't look good for your company or reputation.
    Awaiting your reply!
    Glenn Linde

The reference number for your question is '050314-000002'.
    You should receive a response by e-mail from our support department within two business days.

Gentlemen....the squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!!! Lets lobby Audiovox!

What's the addy for lazy people like me?

z1Truth, are you from the Treocentral forum? We had so many threads there with "Who's with me" in the title

I agree, we need to hammer on Audiovox. So, I will email them, and call them as needed.

Guess I'm with you, huh

Re: E-mail Audiovox NOW!!! Get BT working right!

Originally posted by Z1truth
    Come on gentlemen ...just sent another e-mail to Audiovox...whos with me!!!
    So does this mean that the ladies shouldn't bother?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Maybe I'm in the lone minority here...

1. MS VC doesn't support BT, not the other way around. It's an MS software "feature", not something AudioVox could fix in the hardware, even if they made it - which they don't. Microsoft needs to fix it.

2. Incoming calls on mine wake up the unit and the first ring gets the BT headset working. I don't have the problem you're describing. (Although prior to build 3500 many people reported this.)

3. I regularly pace around the room at a distance of 10-12 feet from the phone. There is no static, and the connection is crystal clear. (Again, prior to build 3500 many people reported this problem.)

The manufacturer of this unit isn't Audiovox, it's HTC. Audiovox is just one of many companies that are OEMing the phone. (Qtek, Siemens, O2, et al are many others).

While I agree that there are serious deficiencies that need to be addressed, having people submit email is not as effective, as, say, a well-thought out petition which is signed by many people and hand-delivered by messenger to a decision-maker at the company.

Good luck in any case

Ehud

Geek
    I still get a good amount of static, but all the other issues are resolved with my ROM update. I recently went to 3900 and it seems to have fixed static out to about 5 feet.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

100% ditto what Ehud said.

-BD

"1. MS VC doesn't support BT, not the other way around. It's an MS software "feature", not something AudioVox could fix in the hardware, even if they made it - which they don't. Microsoft needs to fix it."

Ehud is right - the OS would need to be changed to allow the "Headset Button" as an assignable button before this could work with wired headsets. Then, BT headsets would need to be able to recognize that assignment when paired and snag that functionality. Finally, VC would need to be updated to ignore that button as a VC activation switch when an incoming call is coming in. After all that, I'm guessing you'd still have to pull out the phone and turn it on first.

All in all, it's not that easy, though there have been a few indications that VC may be built into the next gen Windows Mobile OS, so tighter integration may be possible.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

The issue with the headset not picking up until the 3rd or 4th ring is in only SOME of the units, so some may have perfect function, some may not. This seems to be a hardware issue with the bluetooth radio, although that is unconfirmed. My unit is at the sprint store now being checked out, Im sure I will get a replacement.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I agree with Ehud as well but here is a couple cents to add...

There are two parts to the VC command issue. One is to get low quality mono "PDA" Audio into the headset. That (AudioVox, BroadComm, HTC) should be able to fix. Someone said it was a Pocket PC 2003 issue, but it works on the H6315. This would be a useful feature to have. Listen to message you recorded. Or manually transfer audio to headset in noisy environment but still initiate voice command from the button on the handset, but make the audio request in the headset and get confirmation on the headset. This can be fixed without Microsoft.

The other issue is to initiate VC Command from the headset button. That is more an issue between microsoft, BroadComm, Headset makers and possibly even bluetooth itself and has nothing to do with the phone maker.

I don't get static either. Try a different brand headset (see Sticky Poll). You should at least list what headset you are concerned with, because there may indeed be problems with the phone on specific headsets that should work because they work with other phones.

The low volume issues seems to be specific to Verizon and seems to be the most serious issue. SInce it isn't a problem on the Sprint phone, maybe it's Verizon that should be called.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 03-14-2005 at 12:16 PM.

Suddenly some of you have no problems with static in BT headsets, no delay in response from sleep state, and MS Voice Command works perfectly on your precious PPC phones. And we live in a perfect world.

Re: Re: E-mail Audiovox NOW!!! Get BT working right!

Originally posted by Swap

LOL Swap. You should be leading the pack in contacting MS, HTC, Broadcom, etc to address these supposedly "non-existing problems" that we keep complaining about.

SpineDoc, please keep us informed about your experience with the Sprint Store. My BlueTooth is working VERY well, but the one issue I have is the delay in waking up. If that were working better, I'd have the perfect device.

Thanks...

Truthfully I feel all are right.....on certain points.

BT: Needs to be addressed. It is 85-90% there in my experience, but there are still issues that need to be addressed. If it is working for 60% of the customers while 40% are still have issues, that is not acceptable IMHO. Headsets is only one of the issues reported on this forum. Even though HTC makes it, Audiovox and our carrier are the front men to supporting it and they should be notified all all issues by as many people as possible....both by email AND by phone. I think HTC should also be notified and included in out list of people to complain.....er....I mean report issues to.

VC: This is a MS issue. I have read, though not personally confirmed, that MS is working hand in hand with Broadcom to help resolve the BT headset issue with both VC and audio playing. So, again as Adiovox is our front man for BT issues they should be included in the list of contacts as for no other reason as they might be able to help pressure MS to actually fix it so they don't have to deal with all the complaints directed at them.

VOLUME: This has been an complaint from some and not from others. As I am not sure if this phone dependent or carrier dependent. I am with Sprint with 6600. I have certainly had louder phones in the past, but it is not the worst either. There are reg settings, but know one has been able to any effect with them. I do believe that this can be addressed with a minor and rather simple update. So again, Audiovox, Carrier, and HTC should be on the target list.

I just don't have much time right now......Anyone have a list of complaint addresses for each of their websites? Anyone have a list of email addresses for Audiovox, Carriers, and HTC that we can all send to?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 03-14-2005 at 01:31 PM.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

I thought my ringer volume was pathetic until I realized that my case covers the speaker, and as such significantly mutes the audio that comes out. It sucks but just a thought as I'm not sure if others take this into consideration, when the phone isn't covered is very audible when it rings. Earpiece volume is definitely lacking and they should address this.
    Tom

the other thing I have noticed concerning the volume of the ring tones is not the volume of the phone, but the volume of the ringtone.

I have created several loud ringtones that I have no problem hearing:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69737 )
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

I agree with Hobbes that BlueTooth is not 100% and still needs work. But it's confusing to say it just plain doesn't work as the first post implied because it does work pretty well with some headsets.

But once again, there are 2 parts to the VC issue. Part of it can be fixed without Microsofts involvement. See my prior post.

Ehud,

What BT headset are you using?
    xv6600|T-Mobile MDA|BB 7290/i700/HipTop color/HipTop bw/Thera/Motorola v60c/Ericsson R380s/Ericsson T39/Ericsson T28/Nokia 9000i/Nokia 7190/Nokia 6190/Nokia 5190/Motorola StarTac/Motorola OG flip phone/Motorola Bravo Express/Motorola Bravo Plus/Motorola Bravo

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. really fat kid's Avatar

Re: Re: E-mail Audiovox NOW!!! Get BT working right!

Originally posted by Swap
    Ladies from West Hollywood are practically gentlemen.
    Chunk Style

I would agree with you if you were right, but the Palm OS is crap.

Not touching that one