+ Reply to Thread

Any other way to invoke speakerphone?

It seems that my green 'Talk' hard button is broken. It won't bring up the phone dialer when pressed, and most unfortunately, it won't bring up the speakerphone when held. It does nothing.

I know, it's probably a hardware failure and I need to get the phone replaced. I will. I'm frustrated because I just had the phone replaced due to a blown speaker. I've only had this phone for about a week.

Anyway, in the meantime, is there another way to invoke the speakerphone? I didn't see it in any menus, etc..

Regards. -Jay

With my PPC6600 it takes a while after pressing and holding down the green button to invoke the speaker phone. As for bringing up the dialer, do you experience this all the time, or after running certain applications?

I am with Tony....Here is a good way to test if it is a rogue app causing the problem or if the phone is defective. Backup your phone....do a hard reset....after all the initial set up is done and it has restarted itself and you finish the welcome tutorial......then try the phone app again. If the button does not bring up the phone app, then I dare say it is defective. If it does then one of two things comes to mind;

1) an app you installed is not working right, installed wrong, or causing conflicts with app, memory, etc... Then reinstall each app one at a time and try the phone. It's a pain but the only way to know for sure.

2) For some reason the button lost is mapping. There is no way that know about, except for maybe a setting in reg, to do anything about this except a hard reset. If this was the case I would report it so you have a record of when this first happened in case it does turn out to manufacturer defect.

I hope this helps.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Well, you're definitely on to something there. I hard reset and the button starting working. I restored my backup...and it's still working. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

That's good news. I didn't want to have to go through the phone exchange again.

Thanks for your responses.

I'm finding that my PPC6600, and before that the PPC6601 and SX66, will not respond to certain key presses, or commands until I peform a soft reset. For example, today I was in the car, renewed my subscription to Thunderhawk, wanted to go back to Yahoo maps, but the darn thing won't take me out of my online account till I soft reset the phone and started Thunderhawk again.

Other instances invlove BT headset pairing, starting BT manager, starting some apps. I suspect that Pocket Plus with its multiple icons and screen refresh -battery monitors, has conflic with the Today screen, but I have not poked enough to see exactly what is happening. In any case, I got into the habit of soft resetting when I see that something is not responding.

I think it's lousy that I have to do this, but I have no choice if I want to keep the phone and use the applications that I'm using.