+ Reply to Thread

Any Interest? Today Screen Plugin for last X missed calls?

Looking to have a plugin developed that would allow me to show the last X number of missed calls on the today screen. I would also like to be able to click on the number and have that number dialed.

Anyone else like this idea? I'm trying to find someone to develop it.

Fred

Try this out first. Not as clean as your suggesting but alot of other features.

PhoneAlarm Beta is open
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Have been trying to convince the author to add it as an option. He needs to see more interest before he puts it on his todo list.

Hrmm..this may be a good option for PocketBreeze.

I saw this posted earlier...and while searching for my weather app, I found this.

http://www.jgui.net/todays/index.html

MY|PHONE CALLS

# This item allows you to see (configurable): cellular network name
    # cellular signal level (percentage)
    # last phone call type: dialled, missed, connected
    # red alert of the last missed call
    # phone calls numbers, start times and duration times
    # alternatively show Caller's names
    # alternatively show number of hours, days
    # the number of missed phone calls
    # AI engine composes easy understandable comments

Features and manipulations:
    # show/hide the network name and signal
    # count phone calls up to the specified number
    # count phone calls within specified number of days
    # display only incoming phone calls
    # display outgoing phone calls too
    # tap the title to hide red alert
    # tap the screen to display less or more details
    # auto-hide details after 15 sec.

Thanks! Waiting to hear back from the author if it works with CDMA networks before I install it.

Fred

Originally posted by johnnye
    I saw this posted earlier...and while searching for my weather app, I found this.

http://www.jgui.net/todays/index.html

I would be careful with that program I tried a version My messages and it turned my XV6600 into a brick had to hard reset. Another user had the same problem, FYI

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Says the Cellular Network is Down.

I suspect it's checking for GPRS registry settings instead of CDMA registry settings.

It also was a ***** to uninstal. Kept complaining that \windows\fonts\wingding.tff was locked and to stop all other processes. Nothing else was running and a soft reset did not cure this problem.

I ended up manually renaming that file to get the uninstal to work.

Ehud

I've looked at quite a few programs to alert me to a missed call - preferably on the Today Screen. PhoneAlarm has a nice interface, but didn't always catch a missed call, so it was useless to me.

Right now, I'm using Sunnysoft Plus!, which appears to work well - check it out!
    XV6600 (Verizon) paired with Akono HBH-6600 and 2005 BMW 545i's handsfree system

I gave it a shot and it seems to be a great program but it doesn't do exactly what I want.

I wrote to the author to see if there is any interest in adding my ideas.

Fred

Originally posted by Catul
    I've looked at quite a few programs to alert me to a missed call - preferably on the Today Screen. PhoneAlarm has a nice interface, but didn't always catch a missed call, so it was useless to me.

Right now, I'm using Sunnysoft Plus!, which appears to work well - check it out!

How do the individual ringtones work?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Got an email from Sunnysoft this AM saying they are no longer developing the product.

Oh well.

Originally posted by mwfielder
    How do the individual ringtones work?
    Didn't even try that stuff, was just interested in the Missed Calls notification on the Today screen. That appears to work ok, but they don't support the product on anything but PPC 2002, and aren't developing it anymore, so I think I'll give PhoneAlaram another try ...
    XV6600 (Verizon) paired with Akono HBH-6600 and 2005 BMW 545i's handsfree system

There is a thread here about PhoneAlarm. Post in there that you want to see a list of X number of missed calls on the today page. Remember, another cool feature of this would be a tap to dial the number that was missed.

He said he would consider it if there were enough requests.

Didn't even try that stuff, was just interested in the Missed Calls notification on the Today screen. That appears to work ok, but they don't support the product on anything but PPC 2002, and aren't developing it anymore, so I think I'll give PhoneAlaram another try ...

I guess I have to take this to a developer and check to see how much it may cost to have it developed. I can't afford hundreds but am willing to pay something. It doesn't appear that it's going to happen any other way.

Please reply via PM if you are a developer and are interested.

Thanks,

Fred