+ Reply to Thread

Slide out Keyboard Return Key Problem

I have posted about this before and wanted to start a thread about this specific issue rather than the two I brought up before.

Is anyone else having a problem with the return key on their slide out keyboard? I have a Sprint 6601, but it has been reported by Verizon users, and 6600 users.

When I am in POutlook writing an email and go to end a line via the return key......... the email closes as if I have hit the OK key on the top bar right.

This is happening about 3 quarters of the time and sometimes more. I cannot figure out why or what is causing it. I have tried and tried and I see no rhyme or reason to pin down. Can others see if there device is doing it as well, in order to see what EXACTLY is causing it? I am going to keep trying, but I feel others must have seen this if they end lines in emails via the return key.

It is incredibly frustrating as I type good length emails on my device for work daily......... sadly the don't have line breaks like this post does, as going back into drafts, oppening the email, tappping on the line where I was and then continuing to type is WAY to long a process to do, and it even happens more than once in some emails.......... I don't get it and it is really annoying!

Love to hear what others have to say.......... Let's try and pin this down, I think it is an OS/Rom problem, but maybe it is hardware.........

Thanks!

Yep. Happens to me, though I don't have any other info as to what may be causing it, or what to do to fix it or work around it.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Okay. That's one on the VZW xv6600

Thanks
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Can't help you with this one, gameboy. I don't use the slide out keyboard. I consider it useless for serious email typing, but that's just me. I like using the stylus.

Fair enough TonyH
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600