+ Reply to Thread
    BDF

How cool is this. My phone calls 911 and hangs up!

on 2 seperate occasions i got a call from 911 saying i called and hung up. both times i checked the phone and had no out going call to 911. so this last time after 911 left me a message i called sprint, they showed no out going calls either. Cool Huh?

PPC Phone flakiniess knows no 911. LOL

I'm using my PPC6600 for data only. I gave up complaining about how unreliable it is as a voice phone.

Weird - Outside of the BoD, which the patch fixed for me, I've never had any voice flakiness
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

This is an outside chance, but I wonder if someone could be using a caller ID spoof of some kind...
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

I had incidents where if touch the phone screen in certain ways while it's on my belt, or in my pocket, it goes into contacts, dials out someone's number, and I had no clue till I examined the call log. Fortunately it was never 911, but lots of 611 calls to Cingular and * 2 with Sprint. Since then I have been using Screenlock, and it never happened again.

But in BDF's case, his phone log and Sprint show that it did not actually dial 911. So, that is indeed strange.