+ Reply to Thread

I'm getting a PPC-6600... hope I don't regret it!?!?

Well, I've been thinking about trading my Treo 650 for a PPC-660x for a little while, and I finally called Sprint today and took the plunge. I've been having a lot of random problems with my Treo (resets, cut off calls, bluetooth issues, etc) and I finally just asked to trade it out. Sprint said they would exchange it as a warranty issue as long as I paid the difference in cost between the two ($30).

So, now I have a PPC-6600 on the way, and I'm waiting impatiently. These forums have been great at identifying the positives and negatives, and I think I've made I've made the right decision. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for all the great info and impressions. I look forward to adding my own two cents in the near future.

Once you go PPC you will not go back. I liked the 2 palms I had (Kyo 6035 and Treo 300), but once I got PPC, it was no more palm for me!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Good Luck! Hope you like it like I like my 6601!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Re: I'm getting a PPC-6600... hope I don't regret it!?!?

Originally posted by brickjr
    These forums have been great at identifying the positives and negatives, and I think I've made I've made the right decision. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for all the great info and impressions. I look forward to adding my own two cents in the near future.
    I'll be sure to keep reporting negative things

Seriously, I found this phone to be much more capable than the Treo 650. Although I am disappointed in all converged devices as far as voice calls are concerned, I find these PPC phones to be excllent data devices, excellent PDA's, and somwhat acceptable for voice calls, unless you're in a noisey environment and try to use speaker phone.

Re: Re: I'm getting a PPC-6600... hope I don't regret it!?!?

Originally posted by TonyH
    I'll be sure to keep reporting negative things
    LOL! Fair and balanced, TonyH.

ITA that you'll like your new phone but make sure you retain your BT headset!

I'm very pleased with my switch from the Treo 600.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I've got the Scala 500 BT headset, which I've read mixed reviews on here. I'm hoping that since the 6600 comes with the latest firmware the headset will work well out of the box.

As for whether I'll prefer it over the Treo 650, I'm pretty sure I will. I've always been one of those "I like a PDA with phone functionality" type of people (instead of the other way around), and I think the Pocket PC platform just has a lot more options for multimedia. I've still got to wait "3 to 5 days" to get it (according to Sprint), so I'm chomping at the bit right now. Oh well... it gives me time to find all the new programs I want to buy.

Originally posted by brickjr
    I've still got to wait "3 to 5 days" to get it (according to Sprint), so I'm chomping at the bit right now. Oh well... it gives me time to find all the new programs I want to buy.
    I am always like a kid the night before Christmas when at the mercy of waiting for something like this to arrive! With Sprint their 3-5 days to me has ranged anywhere from 1 to 68 days!
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/