+ Reply to Thread

ppc6601 cdma activesync non exchange

has anyone successfully activesynced via there pc over the cdma connection. I have already successfully done it with exchange 2003 but now want to do it with a PC running xp and activesync 3.8 newest vesrion with ETHERNET SYNC enabled. I also enabled the router ports to forword the needed ones to my pc. i even have pockethosts loaded but having issues syncing. anyone got any ideas or anyones elses websites for links and info??????????
    MotoQ HELO Q Sprint ROCKS
    PPC6601 Harrier THE TREONATOR
    Phones I have Treo300,Treo600,Treo650,G1000,PPC6600/1,PPC6700,MotoQ

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Here's the easiest way I know to do it. Requires WIFI.

1. Go on your HOME network with WiFi. Synch with your PC. This tells you that your PC is properly configured.

2. Go outside your home network, get on a WiFi network, and sync with your home PC. If you can get this part to work, then you know everything is configured correctly. I SUSPECT this is where you will find your error.

3. Now remove the WiFi card, and resynch - will synch just fine over CDMA.

If I had to guess it would be the XP firewall, some other firewall, the wrong ports being forwarded, etc.

E

false the wifi netconnection working will not alow the ppc to find the pc over the public internet. I dont get why its not working though i see data push for a quick second when i hit sync on active sync on ppc but its returning with error about cant contact server blah blah. Ill have to relook at firewall settings but this is bugging it should work

By "false" are you saying "Yes, Ehud, you're right. My network is misconfigured so that I can't do it. I will take a look at correcting it."

E

not true how will a wifi local sync enable the ppc to see the public internet and your home pc by just doing a wifi setup sync. the home pc ip will not transfer over to the ppcactive sync like your saying. i just reviewed all firewall setings on the sonic wall everything is A-ok.

"the wifi netconnection working will not alow the ppc to find the pc over the public internet"

Right. You need to enter the IP or hostname of the ROUTER that connected to the Internet, and then configure it to forward the IP traffic for whatever ports ActiveSync uses to the PC on the lan side.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

yah thats what i have been doing. i see active sync grabing my two net bars on the ppc for a quick second but thats it

hell wonder if it has to do with my hacked cable modem conection not letting inbound ports though.... hmmmmm

false.

E
    (I just wanted to say that

I had no problems at all setting up an activesync connection via the CDMA interface. The first thing I did, though, was set up for VPN.
    See the following link for a good overview of how to set up the PC side for VPN.
    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...03PPTPVPN.html

Once that's done, go to start|settings|Connections and select the Connections icon. Under My Work Network, select Add a new VPN server. Enter the public IP or name of your VPN host (I use dyndns.org to get a server name for my home computer). Select PPTP, and hit next. Enter your username and password. Hit finish.

Activesync will automatically use this connection to connect, or you can trigger the VPN and then do activesync
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Yah thats a nice way to do it just got back from the store installing ppc in car aux input. when im done ill be trying this vpn solution. well see how it works and ill post back. Just setting up ppc to stream internet radio to the car seemless wish there was an adapter to buy that would imput to the car stereo controlers oh well damn ipods!

"wish there was an adapter to buy that would imput to the car stereo controlers"

What kind of input do you need? You can get a PPCTech 2.5mm>3.5mm adapter, and then use a 3.5mm M/M cable, or a 3.5mm headset>RCA cable from Radio Shack, or any other adapter you may need to feed the head unit a signal.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

actually got the mini stereo adapt from ebay for 11 bucks works great did mess around with it today. now i think im gona have to buy a Arkon Mount for the PDA2k and use it for my ppc6601 along with there drill panavise mount to mount to the floor of the car.